Aug 24, 2021
Hi everyone, I am having a problem recently every high graphics game is crashing after 5-10 mins of game play or I noticed that it's crashing before reaching 70C. In gta v it crashes then an error showed up named "error gfx d3d init" something like that along with amd radeon error to report. And far cry 5 just stucks and crashes, no error occurs. Sometimes there are glitches before crashing like green light flashing in some part of games or textures flickering.

Low usage games like Dota 2 or cs go are working perfectly no glitches no crashes. Just working perfectly no matter how long I play. It works fine.

I don't use overclocking, everything is default in amd radeon software. Temperatures are normal as I said its crashes before 70C. I have tried to change directx version from games. I tried undervolt the gpu. I cleaned gpu and rams. I reinstalled OS and all drivers. Different versions of amd radeon but nothing happened. I can't understand what's the problem.

PC Specs:
R5 1500x
Gigabyte A320ms2h
HIS Rx 570 4gb
16gb ram
Evga 500w 80+
1stplayer v2 case

Solution
I changed thermal paste but nothing happened. I showed my pc to a tech guy he underclocked a gpu like 10 percent by msi afterburner and now it's working fine even its temp are going to 77 in furmarks still its not crashing.

Thank you for your help.
If anyone can tell me is it ok to use it like this for a long time. Or what should I do with my gpu. Should I give it to repair? And can you tell me what thing should I repair in my gpu.
You should never underclock GPU. Never. It doesn't make any sense. The thing is if you have resetted your driver your card will be at factory OC which should be fine if the card isn't defective. What you should do is undervolt while keeping the same clock speed or even increasing the clock. Try to...

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Never heard of HIS cards. Are you sure it's a legit card. I'd suggest you to check gpu with the following software. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

It'll say fake if the card's fake. Then d3d is a direct x related issue. Install direct x from official site.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
You have switched adrenaline drivers. So that shouldn't be the issue. What you can do is use DDU to uninstall amd driver entirely. And then install the 'Drivers only' (there's an option). Also check factory reset box. Here's the link for DDU

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Finally the games you are playing, are they cracked or bought. If cracked then that specific version might be issue since cracked games don't get updates.

Aug 24, 2021
Never heard of HIS cards. Are you sure it's a legit card. I'd suggest you to check gpu with the following software. https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

It'll say fake if the card's fake. Then d3d is a direct x related issue. Install direct x from official site.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
You have switched adrenaline drivers. So that shouldn't be the issue. What you can do is use DDU to uninstall amd driver entirely. And then install the 'Drivers only' (there's an option). Also check factory reset box. Here's the link for DDU

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Finally the games you are playing, are they cracked or bought. If cracked then that specific version might be issue since cracked games don't get updates.

This is the cardI have. I bought it 8 months ago. Worked perfectly no problem occurred. Just suddenly 3 days ago 1st-time game crashed. I own both far cry 5 and gta V on steam.
x2d.png

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
This is the cardI have. I bought it 8 months ago. Worked perfectly no problem occurred. Just suddenly 3 days ago 1st-time game crashed. I own both far cry 5 and gta V on steam.
x2d.png
Are the temps you are referring edge or junction? Can you do a unigine superposition benchmark. Download the torrent it's faster and do a 8k optimized. If it doesn't crash then the games might be issue. If cards have thermal issue, superposition will crash.

Aug 24, 2021
Are the temps you are referring edge or junction? Can you do a unigine superposition benchmark. Download the torrent it's faster and do a 8k optimized. If it doesn't crash then the games might be issue. If cards have thermal issue, superposition will crash.
Games don't have issue. I think it's a gpu or Psu. Because game is working fine. If I lower the graphics of far cry 5 or gta v and set fps to 45 or then it will not reach 70C and game works perfectly fine. I think gpu is not getting a power it needs to run a high graphic game. Or it's a gpu problem that it can't use its full potential. Only game is crashing pc is not restarting, everything in the background is working fine. Game freezes for few seconds then crash error pop-up then everything working perfectly. If I'm listening songs in Spotify it keeps playing not crashing not freezing. Only game freeze then get backs to desktop where everything is working fine.

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Games don't have issue. I think it's a gpu or Psu. Because game is working fine. If I lower the graphics of far cry 5 or gta v and set fps to 45 or then it will not reach 70C and game works perfectly fine. I think gpu is not getting a power it needs to run a high graphic game. Or it's a gpu problem that it can't use its full potential. Only game is crashing pc is not restarting, everything in the background is working fine. Game freezes for few seconds then crash error pop-up then everything working perfectly. If I'm listening songs in Spotify it keeps playing not crashing not freezing. Only game freeze then get backs to desktop where everything is working fine.
Try the superposition validity I've suggested. If you have warranty claim it. If don't reinstall/update Vbios

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
I tried and it crashed at scene 5 and 75C. My USB devices mouse, keyboard and headphone also turned off. Display gone after crash and not restarted it self.
Well that 75 degree is edge temperature only. Your junction temperature is over 100 degrees imo. It might as well be a very low tier of 570 with bad cooler. Try reapplying thermal paste or else claim warranty as I've said

Reactions: spentshells
Aug 24, 2021
I changed thermal paste but nothing happened. I showed my pc to a tech guy he underclocked a gpu like 10 percent by msi afterburner and now it's working fine even its temp are going to 77 in furmarks still its not crashing.

Thank you for your help.
If anyone can tell me is it ok to use it like this for a long time. Or what should I do with my gpu. Should I give it to repair? And can you tell me what thing should I repair in my gpu.

Thank you for your help.
Did you buy the card new? Not likely hey? Sounds like you have a card that was previously overclocked. Sorry to hear changing the paste didn't help as that is what I meant to suggest,

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018

Thank you for your help.
You should never underclock GPU. Never. It doesn't make any sense. The thing is if you have resetted your driver your card will be at factory OC which should be fine if the card isn't defective. What you should do is undervolt while keeping the same clock speed or even increasing the clock. Try to find a stable undervolt. And it's very easy with afterburner. You don't need to opt for a tech guy. Basically there are two horizontal bars with clock speed and voltage. As long as you don't increase the stock voltage you can't harm your GPU.

Solution