Question Game freezing when playing certain games (Windows 10)

Aug 3, 2020
Hello everyone! I've tried to browse various threads about my problems and never found a fix. So recently ~2 weeks ago, I started to run into random freezes in certain steam games I have been playing (not all games), that last ~2-5 seconds and it's very frustrating. When the freezes occur, I noticed that CPU usage dropped extremely low, then goes back up after the freeze. Eventually, after a couple of days, Windows 10 as a whole started to slow down immensely, such as alt-tabbing was slow, even browsing the web was clunkier than normal. When this happened, games that I previously ran 60+ fps on went down to ~18 fps. As well, I had 2 instances of BSOD when I alt-tabbed in some games. Since I couldn't find a solution to my problems, I did a clean install of windows about 3 days ago and windows started to run smoothly again and everything was back to normal. That was until I started to run into the same random freezing problem again today, and I assume it will go down the same path as before.

My gaming PC is approximately 3 years old, so possibly age might be a problem, however, I'm not sure which specific piece of hardware is the problem.
PC Specs:
Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Motherboard: MSI B350 Gaming Plus
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-core 3.40 GHz (Note haven't ever overclocked my CPU or GPU in my 3 years)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
SSD: Sandisk 500 GB
HD: Western Digital 1 TB

Please if anyone has any suggestions it would help a lot! I have no clue why this is happening and any advice is appreciated.

Aug 3, 2020
maybe a PSU problem but you have not listed the PSU just trying to help the make and brand would help.
Sorry for the late reply. Yeah that definitely was one of the things I couldn't test out and suspected could be the case. The PSU I have is the EVGA 500 B1, 80+ Bronze 500W Power supply. My computer was built in the summer of 2017 (~late july) to be exact.