Game Instal problem. Please help.

Hi guys.
I have a problem with the game "Medieval Total War." The problem starts
after I put the CD into the tray and try to instal it. What happens is
Autoplay brings up the menu and I have the choice to instal the program.
However, after selecting the instal option the computer doesn't do anything.
I see the hour glass next to the mouse cursor, but it goes away after a
minute. But, nothing ever seems to happen. I have a P4 and i have all the
necesary requirements for the game. My friend said i should download a patch
for it from Windows. But, i didn't know which patch to download. I have
windows XP. If anyone can help please do so. Thanks a lot in advance.
Bye

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Try looking here
https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=FYTHNbuh&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=2.284&p_prods=1%2C284&p_cats=&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=1&prod_lvl2=284&p_search_text=&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl&p_sort_by=dflt
"Rapter214" <Rapter214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys.
> I have a problem with the game "Medieval Total War." The problem starts
> after I put the CD into the tray and try to instal it. What happens is
> Autoplay brings up the menu and I have the choice to instal the program.
> However, after selecting the instal option the computer doesn't do
> anything.
> I see the hour glass next to the mouse cursor, but it goes away after a
> minute. But, nothing ever seems to happen. I have a P4 and i have all
> the
> necesary requirements for the game. My friend said i should download a
> patch
> for it from Windows. But, i didn't know which patch to download. I have
> windows XP. If anyone can help please do so. Thanks a lot in advance.
> Bye

"Rapter214" <Rapter214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys.
> I have a problem with the game "Medieval Total War." The problem starts
> after I put the CD into the tray and try to instal it. What happens is
> Autoplay brings up the menu and I have the choice to instal the program.
> However, after selecting the instal option the computer doesn't do
> anything.
> I see the hour glass next to the mouse cursor, but it goes away after a
> minute. But, nothing ever seems to happen. I have a P4 and i have all
> the
> necesary requirements for the game. My friend said i should download a
> patch
> for it from Windows. But, i didn't know which patch to download. I have
> windows XP. If anyone can help please do so. Thanks a lot in advance.

Tried running the setup manually?

Browse the CD (My Computer / Right click drive and click browse) find
usually setup.exe and try running that.

Failing that try turning off any virus scanners and make sure you're logged
in with an account with administrative rights.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.