[SOLVED] Game lag sudden and weird

Jun 20, 2019
I usually never experience lag since I have a pretty good gaming laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 520 intel core i7 8th gen) that is less than a year old. But recently when I start or restart a game after using my laptop for a few hours beforehand I get an insane amount of lag. I play single player games like Witcher 3 and Assassins. Changing the graphics settings doesn't affect it in any way. Neither does restarting my laptop. The lag takes anywhere from a few hours to a day to disappear and it's getting really strange and annoying. What can I do to fix it? Will be grateful for any help!
Add me on steam btw leanethedolphin :p

Solution
hey Every
I usually never experience lag since I have a pretty good gaming laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 520 intel core i7 8th gen) that is less than a year old. But recently when I start or restart a game after using my laptop for a few hours beforehand I get an insane amount of lag. I play single player games like Witcher 3 and Assassins. Changing the graphics settings doesn't affect it in any way. Neither does restarting my laptop. The lag takes anywhere from a few hours to a day to disappear and it's getting really strange and annoying. What can I do to fix it? Will be grateful for any help!

Hey, everyone, I figured out what it was.

When I restarted the game my laptop was decently...
Jun 20, 2019
hey Every

Hey, everyone, I figured out what it was.

When I restarted the game my laptop was decently charged and so I had unplugged it earlier. When I start up games with the laptop plugged in, it runs as normal but if I start it up without charging it, the whole game lags and I have to close it, plug it in and restart the game.

TLDR: Make sure your PC is plugged in and charging before starting up games.

As the meme goes, simple problems require simple solutions.

Thanks for all your help! Hope this helps someone.

Solution