Question Games crashing i thought because of bottleneck

Jan 13, 2023
Hi, a couple days ago I upgrade my graphic from a hd 7790 to Gtx 960. I was hoping the bottleneck but some games started to crash even when the cpu isnt at stress, ex in the menues.
From my understanding this shouldnt happen because of the bottleneck but I already check drivers with driver booster and idk what else could be happening

amd a8 7600

msi a68hm grenade

kingston 8gb 1600

gtx960

sentey 650w bronze

ssd 120gb/hdd 1tb

Sentey MBP750-HM
Not a good quality PSU at all. Not saying it's the issue but I wouldn't bring that PSU into my home.

Is the Gtx 960 a brand new unit? If not it could be a problem.

Also, using 'Driver Booster' software is not smart. It can install out-of-date or incorrect drivers that cause problems. Go to the manufacturer website and download the correct driver for each device.

Are the games crashing to desktop or shutting off the PC?

Jan 13, 2023
Not a good quality PSU at all. Not saying it's the issue but I wouldn't bring that PSU into my home.

Is the Gtx 960 a brand new unit? If not it could be a problem.

Also, using 'Driver Booster' software is not smart. It can install out-of-date or incorrect drivers that cause problems. Go to the manufacturer website and download the correct driver for each device.

Are the games crashing to desktop or shutting off the PC?
Noted, the PSU would have to go.
The Gtx 960 is second handed was only used for gaming, the owner changed it because an upgrade to a 1060.
About driver Booster, didnt knew about that, would you recommend reinstall drivers manually??
In general the crashes just close the games, but yesterday a couple times froze the computer and I had to shuttoff the pc by button.
I had to add a thing I was also seeing (happend too with the hd7790) the ssd tends to randomly go to 100% ussage for like 5-10 sec even when not gaming, not sure if will be usefull to know it.

TRENDING THREADS