Status
Not open for further replies.

coleski123

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
Hello! So basically my problem is that when ever I play any game that I have on my windows 10 pc they all crash to desktop around 2-3 min in of playing or even sometimes random. I have tried to factory reset my pc still happened also even tried installing windows to another Hard drive and also even made sure all drivers of all kind were up to date GPU CPU mother board (EVERYTHING) problem still accrued....My PC specs CPU Intel i5 3570K 3.40Ghz, GPU Nvidia GTX 770 16GB DDR3 RAM, Asus p8z77-le motherboard, power supply 600W,

Solution
Any error message come up when they crash?

Most likely a driver issue. I'd suggest looking in the Event Viewer, under Windows Logs > System.

Start up a game and play. After it crashes to desktop, make note of the time. Then open Event Viewer (how to access Event Viewer in Windows 10) and go into Windows Logs and choose System.

Now find the entries that have the same time as you took note of when your game crashed and see if any are marked as Error and see what it says. If it makes mention of a "nvlddmkm" stopped responding, then that would most likely mean an Nvidia driver problem. If this is the case, I would suggest the following:

Download the most recent driver for your GPU and save it to an easy to find spot; such as the...

neatfeatguy

Respectable
May 24, 2016
Any error message come up when they crash?

Most likely a driver issue. I'd suggest looking in the Event Viewer, under Windows Logs > System.

Start up a game and play. After it crashes to desktop, make note of the time. Then open Event Viewer (how to access Event Viewer in Windows 10) and go into Windows Logs and choose System.

Now find the entries that have the same time as you took note of when your game crashed and see if any are marked as Error and see what it says. If it makes mention of a "nvlddmkm" stopped responding, then that would most likely mean an Nvidia driver problem. If this is the case, I would suggest the following:

Download the most recent driver for your GPU and save it to an easy to find spot; such as the desktop.
Download DDU
Run DDU and choose to uninstall your driver from Safe Mode. The system will restart to Safe Mode and let you uninstall your current video driver. Then you restart your computer again.
Once back into Windows install the driver you downloaded.

After all that is done, test another game and see what happens.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.