I have a handful of games that freeze when they are in focus. I can't play them anymore, games that used to run fine.
If I alt tab, or click on my secondary monitor, it unfreezes and runs fine. I can even hover over the menu items and everything highlights as normal, FPS is fine. As soon as I click back on that window it will freeze again and make the whole computer hitch. I can continue this process as many times as I want, the computer doesn't crash. I can monitor hardware loads during, and nothing spikes or even increases during the freezes. The heck??

Things I tried already:

I tried updating drivers through AMD adrenaline, no change.
DDU AMD drivers and adrenaline, and installing driver only (current config). No change
optional windows updates
windows repair ISO
sfc /scannow
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
I tried a clean boot, but I can't boot the games to test them after that. I'm unsure what services need to be on to boot them, steam won't tell me.
Verify game files, no change
Uninstall/reinstall an affected game, no change

Any suggestions?

Thanks

(These are all steam games)
Examples of games that have this new problem:
Hell let loose
40k darktide
Insurgency sand storm
mordhau

(All steam)
Examples of games that still work fine:
Dragons dogma 2
helldivers 2
manor lords
hunt showdown

6900-XT
7700X
32GB

------------------
full System Information
------------------

https://justpaste.it/6rham
(dxdiag)

brand and model of the psu?
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?
how full is the ssd?
EVGA super nova 1300w
~Temps was like 75C for GPU, usage was 30-50%
~70C for CPU, 20% if that on usage
I have very low fan curves
I can get exact if you need it but I really don't think hardware stress is the issue, as other much more demanding games still run fine.

Ram like 9gb
C drive ssd is like 40% full
One game ssd is like 70% full on one
Another game ssd is like 60% full

test with just 1 monitor?
Yes that fixed it. How do I resolve that conflict?

I just tested my config. I have two monitors at my desk, and a third cable goes to my couch TV.
If I have only the desk monitors plugged in, no issue. It's the third output, which is usually off, that is causing the issue. Why a problem now? Been this way for years :rolleyes: