Apr 30, 2023
So i built a new PC pretty recently and have since then had problems with games crashing a little too often. It's mainly newer games on the more demanding side that keeps crashing and at first i thought it was the games themselves that had problems but with the amount of crashes i get i'm starting to think it's something on my side. The games i've really had problems with are: MW2, Halo Infinite, Returnal, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Darktide. (MW2 even bluescreened my computer a couple of times.) The games run totally fine while playing (getting 100-144 frames on almost all of them) but then starts crashing multiple times per hour. Sometimes limiting framerate reduces amount of crashes.

My biggest suspicion is that there's something with my CPU, im getting 80-90° C temps while playing these games even though i have an upgraded cooler (be quiet! Pure Rock 2), could that be the reason?

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x ( with be quiet! Pure Rock 2 cooler)
ASUS RTX 3070 Dual V2 8GB
Motherboard: MPG B550 Gaming Plus
16GB RAM
SSD Harddrive

If anyone has any ideas why this keeps happening, let me know.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
So i built a new PC pretty recently and have since then had problems with games crashing a little too often. It's mainly newer games on the more demanding side that keeps crashing and at first i thought it was the games themselves that had problems but with the amount of crashes i get i'm starting to think it's something on my side. The games i've really had problems with are: MW2, Halo Infinite, Returnal, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Darktide. (MW2 even bluescreened my computer a couple of times.) The games run totally fine while playing (getting 100-144 frames on almost all of them) but then starts crashing multiple times per hour. Sometimes limiting framerate reduces amount of crashes.

My biggest suspicion is that there's something with my CPU, im getting 80-90° C temps while playing these games even though i have an upgraded cooler (be quiet! Pure Rock 2), could that be the reason?

Specs:
16GB RAM
SSD Harddrive

If this were my problem, I'd have performance monitor running and see what's changing when the problems occur.

Specs:
16GB RAM
SSD Harddrive

That cooler should work fine for that CPU. Did you remove the plastic cover from the cooler before attaching to CPU? What is your case fan arraignment?