Question Games run poorly on Good system after fresh install. (3700x plus 3070ti)

Oct 18, 2024
I have a 3700x 3070ti system that I built for my girlfriend. It has 3200 16g vengeance ram, 700 watt thermaltake smart, Gigabyte A520M AORUS ELITE, 1 Terabyte NVME.

Everything seems to be working fine until I try and run games. It tells me the frames are really high but the games feel terrible. The screen tears when moving around fast and in some games some pretty annoying frame drops.

Her monitor is 1080p 144 MSI.

Confused why it doesn’t work very well, seeing as it was my old computer with a fresh windows instal.

Things I have tried:
I updated all drivers and chipsets(I think)
I updated Bios
I did many many fresh windows installs, even tried windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Gigabyte A520M AORUS ELITE
+
I updated Bios
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified the BIOS was flashed to the latest version?

700 watt thermaltake smart
Thermaltake have a number of PSU under the Smart lineup, which one do you have and how old is the PSU? I wouldn't have paired an RTX3070 Ti with that PSU in the build.

I did many many fresh windows installs, even tried windows 10.
Where did you source the installer for the OS? Did you install the OS in offline mode, to later install all drivers with the latest versions relevant to your platform in an elevated command, while disconnected from the internet?