Question Gaming PC loses power to monitor/goes black when gaming help!!

Nov 23, 2020
New to this website/the world of pc specs, so forgive me if anything I say sounds dumb.

I'll start off by listing my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3-8100
RAM: 8GB DDR4
Graphics card: Radeon RX 570 Series
PSU: Corsair RM750
(any more info you need please let me know)

My PC has been having this issue where:
  1. I play a high demanding game (in this case its Borderlands 3/Overwatch, BL3 is on the lowest settings possible and OVW is somewhat high)
  2. ~40 mins+ of gaming pass and my monitor goes black. Not off to the point of a "no signal" message popping up, just a black screen, power still intact
  3. PC either continues to stay on and I can't access anything unless I do a complete restart, or it shuts off. Sometimes it makes a very loud whirring noise on startup, but only for a second or two
  4. PC boots up just fine, no error message, no popups, nothing, opens all programs normally

I've checked my monitors/monitor cables to see if they are faulty, dusted out the inside of my pc completely, making sure that my fans can spin with no interruption from any other cables, rearranged my cables, cleaned out my RAM discs, redid thermal paste, bought /an entire new PSU/ (foolish on my part, ik), played games until having the problem while keeping an eye on my temps by using Core Temp, ran Novabench/UserBenchmark to see if my pcu/gpu was testing badly ( I can share scores if that would help at all), ran memtest86 to see if my RAM was showing any issues (it passed all the tests), enabled/disabled XMP, updated my BIOS, looked on lots of different forums to see if anyone else was having this issue but no luck

It never happens outside of running any games, I can run low quality games just fine (Minecraft, Genshin Impact on lowest settings, Borderlands 2, more but you get the idea) but when I play BL3/OVW it has the issue. I could run those games fine with no issues, its become a problem within the past chunk of months.

A side note that I'm not sure if I should include or not/if its important, I've tried updating my Intel driver and the tool says that theres a new update avaliable and that my PC meets the requirements, but when I go to update it says that my computer isn't compatible.

Any help at all is appreciated. Need to know what parts to get with Christmas deals coming up and this has been driving me nuts for months. Thank you