'Gears Of War: Ultimate Edition' Will Include Entire Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingoftown

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015
What about for PC? They're touting this as a high end PC remake.
Well, I do hate microsoft for it's only focus on console gaming nowadays. Gears just has one game on the PC, similarly Halo has only 2 games for PC, and Halo 2 was only because they wanted to promote Windows Vista through it.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
What do you expect? They are in the console business against Sony. If they released their Xbox exclusives on PC, why would anyone buy an Xbox?

DeusVex

Reputable
Mar 17, 2015
What do you expect? They are in the console business against Sony. If they released their Xbox exclusives on PC, why would anyone buy an Xbox?

Why? A lot of reasons. PC gaming and Console gaming are 2 different beast. Most folks just want to put it in their console and play the game, not go through countless steps to ensure they're playing the most superior version. I own both an Xbox One and a gaming PC and I can attest that PC gaming is lot more "work." I spend more time configuring and optimizing than I do playing most of the time, but I enjoy it. Not everyone does though.

kingoftown

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2015

Point taken, but if you are catering to all kinds of gamers, even though your priority is console gaming, you could make those games available on the pc years later (like Alan Wake). It's been quite a while we had either of these games on PC, so if they try to port even one of those now, I think Microsoft ( or rather the developers) will produce a decent version.

Status
Not open for further replies.