[SOLVED] GeForce Mx150 with an Ultrawide Monitor (5120x1440) ?

Klajdi5001

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
Hello guys,

I have a laptop which have a integrated GeForce Mx150. I want to use it with an Ultrawide 49" monitor (resolution 5120x1440).
Can I use it without problems ?
Ps: It's not for gaming

Thank you in advance!
Best regards

Solution
I'd be surprised if whatever ports (HDMI, VGA, etc) the laptop comes with support such resolution at all, frankly...

Usually high resolution is less of an issue when running at basic refresh rates like 60 or 30, HDMI 2 can do 4k without issues and 2.1 can hit 8k. The ultrawide is just abut the same resolution as a 4k standard wide screen , but the OP needs to check with the laptop specs to see what the capabilities are for sure with his system.

VGA even has a surprisingly high resolution capability considering how old the standard is, someone did something right when designing that standard.
I'd be surprised if whatever ports (HDMI, VGA, etc) the laptop comes with support such resolution at all, frankly...

Usually high resolution is less of an issue when running at basic refresh rates like 60 or 30, HDMI 2 can do 4k without issues and 2.1 can hit 8k. The ultrawide is just abut the same resolution as a 4k standard wide screen , but the OP needs to check with the laptop specs to see what the capabilities are for sure with his system.

VGA even has a surprisingly high resolution capability considering how old the standard is, someone did something right when designing that standard.

Reactions: Klajdi5001
Solution