adam_123

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
hey, my computer was working fine, got an asus A7n8x, 512 ddr, 2700+, and my geforce ti 4600... was all good then i moved out to illinois for school and when i turned it on again, the vga had a line of garbled pixles every 2cm or so like on pictures and stuff (but fine within cmos)... in windows 2000 the card would have trouble refreshing parts of the screen (and the bootup screen was garbled as well as soon as it got to the big windows logo with that has that blue bar at the bottom) not entirely sure what the problem is, but for sure it's hardware, and i'm pretty sure there's not much i can do about it except try for an rma, but figured i'd ask here and see if anyone else had the same problem or maybe a solution.

thanks,

Adam

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
take out your card and see if there's any damage done

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
try putting the card in another comp

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm at the very least reseat the card in its agp slot and check that nothing has falled off or been damaged during the move.

<b><i>Consumers have spoken -- they are tired of paying the high cost of CDs and DVDs and prefer more flexible forms of on-demand media delivery."</i>
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

adam_123

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2003
it would not be a driver problem. like i said, it is garbled even on the vga bios splash screen during ram tests and ide detection... drivers are for letting the os know what to do with the card and how to do it, and only come into play once the gui is being brought up (at least in this case) and therefore would not garble anything but the desktop area....

i don't have any vast troubleshooting resources here, so i can't try it on another machine until christmas, which was why i was wondering if anyone had the same sort of problem. and geneticweapon.. if you don't really know what you're talking about, please don't try to help, it just aggrivates people.

cleeve

Illustrious
Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

The CMOS screen uses a different part of the card's hardware than, say, displaying in Windows.

Unfortunately, I think your cards kaput. But the only way to be sure is to try it in someone's system.

Sorry dude... hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

and don't mess with geneticweapon! He might be off a tad on this one, but he knows his [-peep-].

------------------
Radeon 9500 (modded to PRO w/8 pixel pipelines)
AMD AthlonXP 2000+
3dMark03: 3529

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Who manufactured your card? I know PNY offers a lifetime warranty ( but you need the original receipt). I don't know if any other companies offer a lifetime warranty.