Geforce2 MX alternative?

Blurr

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was looking to buy the Creative Labs Annihilator2 MX card, but it seems everyone is out of stock. I was definitely set on the card (I have a P2-333 w/ 192RAM, AGPx1 and a "screaming" STB nVidia 128ZX graphics card with 8meg). :)
Can anyone suggest alternatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had considered more powerful cards, but thought they would be overkill for my system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ERH

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I love those old ZX cards. I have a good suggestion that won't cost you a cent!
1.)Find a 486 CPU with an self-adhesive oversized heatsink or a heatsink/fan.
2.)Pop off your heatsink and clean the chip.
3.)Drill 2 holes in it to clear the onboard transistors on your video card nest to the chip.
4.)Load Powerstrip and overclock it to 124MHZ. If it locks, clock it down a little.
5.)Try your games and see them run with no dropped frames at up to 16-bit, 800x600! Great for most games, and it save you some bux until even newer video card come out.
If you really want a new card you can get a GeForce GTS for $160 on line w/32MB DDR! If you want the best combination of features in a slightly cheaper card, get the WinFast MX card w/dual heads plus tv-out for $128 from crazypc.com

TRENDING THREADS