[SOLVED] getting artifacts on screen , GPU is dying ?

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I have got screen artifacts last week and today I had again , the first time that happen the pc restarted in seconds after the artifacts, today it happened for the second time and the pc not restarted but gave me a driver timeout error.. The first that have happened I had reeinstalled the drivers and ran some benchmarks and the GPU was okay until today ...
This indicates a GPU issue ? or could I be lucky and be another thing ... My pc components have warranty except for the GPU that was bought second hand with almost 2 years and now have 2 years more , the rest of the computer is only few months old except for the PSU that have 2 years old.
The GPU temperatures indicated by the sensor seems good , 31ºc on idle and 78-79ºc on full load.

https://postimg.cc/grNrM2CK

PC SPECS:
AOC monitor with 21" and freesync , 75hz
Gigabyte b450 gaming X
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (with RGB) at 3200mhz with XMP profile 1 enabled
XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 4gb
Bitfenix formula gold 550w
3 hdd´s from WD ,(1 wd green , 1wd black ,1 wd blue)
1 ssd ( kingston a400 120gb)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Do you have another PC you can try the graphics card in and see if it does the same thing? You just want to make absolutely sure of course before spending money on anything

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Well if you could get your system tested at a place that would be great because they could rule out the GPU are the power supply
they said that is a gpu problem , at the time I am writing this now I am having artifacts 100% of the time on post , on windows continues to be random , but the GPU now not work at all on the better bios ( performance) only works on "silent" bios