[SOLVED] Getting BSOD error "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" on brand new PC when I added RTX 3070...

Mar 9, 2021
Hello,
Built my brand new pc about two weeks ago, and last week I finally added my GPU, a Gigabyte OC Rtx 3070. Since then I have been having blue screen crashes frequently at random with the same error code "Video Scheduler Internal Error".
I can force the blue screen by loading up Netflix on Microsoft Edge and hitting the next episode button until blue screen (usually 3 ep skips). Edge also stutters sometimes, not like a bad internet stutter but like the GPU is struggling, which shouldn't be the case. Edge is using the correct 3070, so it isn't that.

Mini Dump Files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArqlbGFOdyQugcZ_nmRcCSXnMocWfQ?e=vavKub
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Things I've tried to fix it:
  • Sfc scan
  • DDU Uninstall/Reinstall display drivers
  • Change PCIE to 3.0 in bios
  • Update Bios
Everything in the PC is new, parts include:
  • I7-10700k
  • MSI Mpg z490 gaming
  • MSI 750w gold PSU
  • RTX 3070 Gigabyte gaming OC (Not using a riser cable)
  • WD black m.2 nvme

Solution
Is there anyway I could monitor this when causing the blue screen?
I mean yes and no watch your volts for your gpu in hwmonitor. See if it's skipping around a little or if it's jumping in volts wats.... Watching netflix isnt intensive or anything i mean yeah it puts load on the card and uses it but not to the point it should be max spiking all the time no need...
Hello,
Built my brand new pc about two weeks ago, and last week I finally added my GPU, a Gigabyte OC Rtx 3070. Since then I have been having blue screen crashes frequently at random with the same error code "Video Scheduler Internal Error".
I can force the blue screen by loading up Netflix on Microsoft Edge and hitting the next episode button until blue screen (usually 3 ep skips). Edge also stutters sometimes, not like a bad internet stutter but like the GPU is struggling, which shouldn't be the case. Edge is using the correct 3070, so it isn't that.

Mini Dump Files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArqlbGFOdyQugcZ_nmRcCSXnMocWfQ?e=vavKub
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Things I've tried to fix it:
  • Sfc scan
  • DDU Uninstall/Reinstall display drivers
  • Change PCIE to 3.0 in bios
  • Update Bios
Everything in the PC is new, parts include:
  • I7-10700k
  • MSI Mpg z490 gaming
  • MSI 750w gold PSU
  • RTX 3070 Gigabyte gaming OC (Not using a riser cable)
  • WD black m.2 nvme
Whats the psu??? When your skipping videos in netflix it sounds like it sending a power surge to the gpu... Like the system is hiccuping and causing a delay in usage causing power build up and the random spike.

Mar 9, 2021
Whats the psu??? When your skipping videos in netflix it sounds like it sending a power surge to the gpu... Like the system is hiccuping and causing a delay in usage causing power build up and the random spike.

PSU is the msi MPG A750GF, it's sorta new so couldn't find that many reviews about it.

I have another pc that I can test the GPU on tomorrow, so I can hopefully rule it out.

Is there anyway I could monitor this when causing the blue screen?
I mean yes and no watch your volts for your gpu in hwmonitor. See if it's skipping around a little or if it's jumping in volts wats.... Watching netflix isnt intensive or anything i mean yeah it puts load on the card and uses it but not to the point it should be max spiking all the time no need...

Solution
You can also try running occt on just power mode see if stress testing the psu causes the same issues.

TRENDING THREADS