[SOLVED] Getting logged out of Google and Reddit after a few weeks for no reason

modemproblem101

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
First of all, I'm using the latest Firefox on the latest Windows 10, and I have 2FA turned on for my accounts that's why it's a pain to log back in every time. Also, the problem only occurs on Google and Reddit websites.

The problem still persists even after:
  • using ipconfig commands to reset and renew
  • resetting Winsock
  • reinstalling Firefox (and also deleting leftover profile data and other files)
  • scanning with AdwCleaner, Malwarebytes and Windows Defender (no threats found with any of them)
  • verifying Windows system files
  • verifying disk files
If someone could help me identify what's causing the problem, that would be great.

modemproblem101

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
are you sure? article from 2017 for google 2fa
"If you answer, "yes" that computer will be authorized for use for 30-days. "
I'm telling you man, this issue only started happening recently even though I use 2FA, I used to be able to stay logged in for months before that. I wouldn't be making this post if I was getting logged out every month before, I only made this post because it started happening recently.

modemproblem101

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
Those logins are stored as cookies on your system with an expiration date. You can hack the cookies and change the expiration date, but otherwise it's not up to you but the site storing the cookie.
I know how it works, but that's not the issue, the issue here is how long I stay logged in, because before I used to be able to stay logged in for months, now it's just weeks.

I know how it works, but that's not the issue, the issue here is how long I stay logged in, because before I used to be able to stay logged in for months, now it's just weeks.
So if you know how it works, you know it's not in your control and you shouldn't even be asking this.

Different browser settings can also make a difference. Like if you tell it to remove cookies/cache after a certain time or only store x days.

modemproblem101

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
So if you know how it works, you know it's not in your control and you shouldn't even be asking this.

Different browser settings can also make a difference. Like if you tell it to remove cookies/cache after a certain time or only store x days.
  1. it's a no brainer that i'm not in control, but that's not the issue here, i stay logged in shorter than other people, it's a bug, it's not about who's in control.
  2. i reinstalled firefox, refreshed profile settings, restored settings to default, but the bug persists.