how can you tell if someone hacking in to computer. Thankyou Is easy to get
in to it i would like keep them out. thankyou.

map

ruffin wrote:
> how can you tell if someone hacking in to computer. Thankyou Is easy
> to get in to it i would like keep them out. thankyou.

If they are "hacking" from the computer put a password on it.
If you think someone is "hacking" your system from the net,that's what
firewalls are for.

Sygate Personal Firewall (Free and up)
http://smb.sygate.com/free/spf_download.php

--
Mike Pawlak

Computer Security Sites

Grisofts AVG anti virus
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/289/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

1. ZoneAlarm Security Suite (latest version 6.0.631.003)
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

2. PopUpCop
http://www.popupcop.com/

3. Ad-Aware SE Professional ver 1.06
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

4. SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.04

5. Microsoft Anti Spyware beta ver 1.0.615
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

peterk

"ruffin" <ruffin1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> how can you tell if someone hacking in to computer. Thankyou Is easy to
> get in to it i would like keep them out. thankyou.

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Download and install Microsoft Spyware.
"ruffin" <ruffin1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> how can you tell if someone hacking in to computer. Thankyou Is easy to
> get in to it i would like keep them out. thankyou.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Download and install Microsoft Spyware.
> "ruffin" <ruffin1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > how can you tell if someone hacking in to computer. Thankyou
> Is easy to
> > get in to it i would like keep them out. thankyou.

"Download and install Microsoft Spyware."
That won’t stop some one from hacking in, it is incredably
difficullt to tell if some one has hacked in on windows as windows
keeps such vaig logs, I remember when I was running server 2000, and i
wanted to set up a VPN, for some reason the serives needed would not
start, so i looked at the log, it said some thing to the effect "the
service couldnt not be started, for further details see here *gives
link*" that link jead to a page that said some thing like "this error
means a service couldnt not be started, you should look at the error
logs for specific reason or error coad" no error coad was given.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/New-Users-computer-ftopict416307.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1388009