pyfreak7401

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
I recently got a new 1440p monitor so i decided to crank up my GPU to get the most out of it, while keeping the temps in balance(at least as long as i can). After about 1 hour in Metro exodus(Ultra settings) i had a stable 70-72C GPU temp , 90-93C junction temp and as far as i have read online so far these are acceptable temps for such a card, right? What i haven't found out yet is what the acceptable VRAM temps should be. Mine were flunctuating between 84-88C. Is that considered ok or not ?
Radeon Software settings:
2150 Mhz(2070-2080 in reality) @ 1191 mV
1900 Mhz for memory(maximum value and it's actually stable in everything i've played so far)
+20% power limit(Max i've seen it draw was like 235W)

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Yeah those temps are toasty but Fine. Sustained high temps such as 90ish+ may shorten lifespan, but the card with have safety limits to prevent significant damage if it gets too hot

pyfreak7401

Prominent
Apr 6, 2020
Yeah those temps are toasty but Fine. Sustained high temps such as 90ish+ may shorten lifespan, but the card with have safety limits to prevent significant damage if it gets too hot
I reckon i can bring them even more down if i adjust the fan curve a bit more since noise is not an issue. I know that in this way i can shorten the lifespan of the fans but i've read that gpu fans can be replaced if needed which i didn't know before. Let's say one of the fans breaks down, do i replace it with whatever i want or do i buy a specific one meant for this gpu? If so where can i find such fans? I believe shortening the fans' life span is better than shortening the gpu's ^^

freercurse

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
I reckon i can bring them even more down if i adjust the fan curve a bit more since noise is not an issue. I know that in this way i can shorten the lifespan of the fans but i've read that gpu fans can be replaced if needed which i didn't know before. Let's say one of the fans breaks down, do i replace it with whatever i want or do i buy a specific one meant for this gpu? If so where can i find such fans? I believe shortening the fans' life span is better than shortening the gpu's ^^
The fans are probably worth less than the card, and idk I've never seen a gpu fan break from overuse, and Ive seen very used 15+yrold computers and fans run fine. I mean if it got to a point where the gpus fans broke, I would just ducktape a standalone fan to it.
Or a proper replacement would work too