Question Gigabyte Aero 15-x9 vs Acer Triton 500?

sohankpatel

Honorable
May 31, 2014
I will be entering college as a computer engineer in 6 months, and I am sadly leaving my desktop behind in favor of a laptop. I want something that I will be able to game on, hence the two gaming laptops, but I am not sure which one to choose. I am looking at the RTX 2070/8760H version of the aero and RTX 2080/8750H version of the Triton. Both with 16gb of ram and a 500gb SSD. I am mainly wondering about things like battery life, touchpad quality and keyboard quality. I know that I am not going to be able to game on either of these on the battery unless I am willing to drain the battery in an hour. I want a quality touchpad, and a keyboard that has a decent feel, as well as enough battery life for college life. Im not opposed to charging it in between classes, but dont want a laptop that is going to demand constant vigilance with the battery. Any preferences from any of you, or glaring issues that I have overlooked regarding either of these machines?

romanon

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello there! Did you buy one of them already?
I can write only about the battery life, according to what I read/reasearched. The Aero battery is supposed to be very good, and better than the Triton. I don't know about the other specs though.