Question Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite problems

assassinslo

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2013
I just build a new PC and I have 2 problems.
1. problem:
When RX 580 is installed, my Kingston A2000 is not recognized neither in M2A neither in M2B. I borrowed GTX 1080 and everything works normally with Kingston A2000.
I bought cheapest SATA3 SSD and installed RX 580 and it works. Both GPUs were installed in primary PCIe slot.
Recap: Nvme and GTX 1080 works, Nvme and RX 580 not working. Tried also with Samsung 970 EVO - same story. I suspect RX 580 has some problems or something is wrong in BIOS settings.

2. problem: PC boots normally to Windows with PNY SSD and RX 580. But if I want to go in BIOS, I am pressing DEL button, and then it just hangs at BIOS splash screen (Aorus logo and hotkey buttons displayed - DEL, END and F12). Then I restart PC and same thing happens. I updated BIOS from F1 to F10.
Recap: PC will boot to Windows quickly and normally, but won't go to BIOS.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3600X
CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB(2x8) 3200MHz CL16
PSU: BE QUIET! PURE POWER 11 700W 80Plus Gold
SSD1: Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe
SSD2 (temporary): PNY CS900 120GB SATA3

GPU1: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 4GB
GPU2 (temporary): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Premium Pack 8G

Lutfij

Titan
By temporary, is the PNY SSD from an older system? If so, you will need to reinstall the OS onto the new SSD while wiping the PNY SSD off of the current OS. When updating the BIOS, did you gradually work your way up to F10 from F1 or did you just jump to the latest one?

Remove the CMOS battery(while system is disconnected from the wall) and then replace it after 15 minutes.

assassinslo

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2013
By temporary, is the PNY SSD from an older system? If so, you will need to reinstall the OS onto the new SSD while wiping the PNY SSD off of the current OS. When updating the BIOS, did you gradually work your way up to F10 from F1 or did you just jump to the latest one?

Remove the CMOS battery(while system is disconnected from the wall) and then replace it after 15 minutes.

PNY SSD is brand new. I installed OS on it and it works normally. I also inserted Kingston A2000 to older PC (i7 9700k build) and installed Windows on it without problems so I can confirm that this nvme ssd works.

I think that RX 580 somehow disables M2 slots, but I do not know why. I will also check PCIe bifurcation. I also had problems with RX 580 in another build (ryzen 3700x, msi b550 gaming plus, where I had to enable CSM to give a display signal). Here on Aorus board CSM is enabled.

I updated BIOS directly from F1 to F10. I skipped F2 and F3. I also applied default settings.

I removed RTC some hours ago, but haven't tested PC perfomance yet.