[SOLVED] Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite vs Pro Upgrade

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
Hi All,

I am looking forward to upgrade my Asrock B350 Pro 4. Im reading positive reviews for Aorus Pro but the price is too steep for me as I stumbled upon the Aorus Elite of which there aren't much reviews. I live in the Philippines and stocks are pretty limited. MSI B550 Tomahawks are unavailable due to bundled offers. I dislike the B550 TUF gamings aesthetics. Is the Pro worth over the Elite? or just get the elite and save the extra cash.

quick specs
Ryzen 5 3600
B350 Pro4
2x8GB ram
GTX 1070ti
Seasonic GX650

Solution
The Elite is like the old Gigabyte Gaming 3 boards. It is a no frills, budget gaming option with few features and usually somewhat lower quality than the Gaming 5 and 7, which are now basically the Aorus Pro and Pro WiFi, or thereabouts anyhow.

For the Ryzen 3600, if you have no plans to upgrade to a higher tiered, higher core count model later, the Elite should be "good enough", however, "good enough" is not necessarily the same as choosing the "right" board.

If you want a very good board, with most of the important features found on this chipset family, without paying an unnecessary premium, I'd look again to the ASRock boards like what you currently have. The B550 Pro4, Steel legend or Extreme 4 are all good choices and even the...
The Elite is like the old Gigabyte Gaming 3 boards. It is a no frills, budget gaming option with few features and usually somewhat lower quality than the Gaming 5 and 7, which are now basically the Aorus Pro and Pro WiFi, or thereabouts anyhow.

For the Ryzen 3600, if you have no plans to upgrade to a higher tiered, higher core count model later, the Elite should be "good enough", however, "good enough" is not necessarily the same as choosing the "right" board.

If you want a very good board, with most of the important features found on this chipset family, without paying an unnecessary premium, I'd look again to the ASRock boards like what you currently have. The B550 Pro4, Steel legend or Extreme 4 are all good choices and even the MSI B550-A Pro is probably a perfectly fine budget option for the Ryzen 5 3600.

Reactions: saintequila
Solution

saintequila

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013

If you want a very good board, with most of the important features found on this chipset family, without paying an unnecessary premium, I'd look again to the ASRock boards like what you currently have. The B550 Pro4, Steel legend or Extreme 4 are all good choices and even the MSI B550-A Pro is probably a perfectly fine budget option for the Ryzen 5 3600.

Hello! Thank you for this. Gave me alot to think about. I just want a functional gaming pc. Like ill just slap in my parts, activate XMP, manual Oc my 3600 and run my single 2tb hdd and nvme ssd currently. Sadly the msi option is not available and the asrock options are more expensive and currently unavailable. Will the B550 Elite be worth my everyday usage?