Question GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H replacement board issue

Pirx73

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2015
Hi all!

PC i built in 2015 is still serving me faithfully. End of last summer it's GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H rev 1.1 motherboard died. Since i could not find local replacement i started to look arround the net. I found suitable board on Ebay for OK price, only difference it was rev 1.2 which is latest for this board. Other components on this board are Intel Core i7-4790K CPU and kit of 2 Kingston 8GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 HyperX Savage Red memory sticks.
So new board arrived and i had problems with it. Memory did not work. Once i inserted it into proper slots (2 and 4) i got many short beeps signaling that RAM is not present. I kept experimenting and found out that RAM only work in slots 1 and 2 but not in properly paired slots for dual channel use - meaning 2 and 4 or 1 and 3. If i insert RAM into those slots - motherboard does not start, signalling no RAM. So i am able to get 16GB RAM to work but only in slots 1 and 2 in single channel mode. A bit frustrating. Are there any options to try out or this is motherboard issue and nothing can be done about it?
BIOS is latest - i even installed F10 beta BIOS because Gigabyte's webpage says about this version "fixes memory compatibility".
I would appreciate any suggestions to try.