kimohw

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
When you flash the bios through Q-Flash utility from the Bios, there is an option " Keep DMI Data " which is set to Enable by Default, should I change it to Disable ?

trixst4r

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
i'd use @bios which is located on the cd that came with the DS3

There have been people having problems with Qflash but @bios has proven to be very reliable that is if you have windows installed.

kimohw

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
using @bios program, there is some options which are not checked by default :

"Clear DMI DATA Pool" and "Clear PnP DATA Pool", do I have to check them ?

Qisa

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
The only thing I changed when I used @BIOS was the option to get the new BIOS from the Internet rather than locally. Otherwise, I kept everything at default settings.

G

hows it going all ....just after some help flash my bios ....
having drams geting the mobo to read the usb-hdd in bios
i have v1.36 of q flash my Bord is a GA-M55sli-S4 wif a amd6000+ cpu
IV TRIED everything that i can find on line not even the bootable USB seems to take its fancy...stuck big time dudez
if anyone can help or any ideas would be much appreciated

Because of strangeness in the USB interface, although you can boot from a USB flash drive, you cannot boot from a USB hard drive.

If you need to flash the BIOS, you can:
Temporarily install a floppy drive. You can leave it cabled to your system and sitting on the bottom of your case.
Buy or borrow a USB floppy drive. You can boot from those.
Make a bootable flash drive.

You can google something like "bootable USB flash drive BIOS".

mriviecc

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

I've heard that flashing the bios using @bios is extremely risky. I heard flashing with Q-Flash is the way to go, but if it's okay and reliable to flash with @bios then that would be great. I haven't flashed my bios since i've gotten my board, but it bothers me that my bios is 5 updates behind the current bios.

G

I wanted to use Qflash also because I read that it was the safest way to flash, but after trying for a week or so to come up with a floppy drive, cable, and disk, I just went with @bios and had great results. The reason for me reading this thread is because I was unsure about clearing DMI pool data... Apparently, it's best to leave it alone. As for @bios, my win 7 had been restarting so I considered it a bit unstable. Still had no problems with flashing. Used internet to update first but wanted later version so downloaded that and flashed again from file, both times were super easy. You may have the latest version of @bios that came on the disk supplied with your MB, but I just went to the gigabyte website and got it there to make sure.

BerylLee

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
better to change it to disable every time doing bios flash ..
as my experience .. keep dmi data sometimes make new bios without changing for update...