[SOLVED] Gigabyte Radeon RX570 4GB Graphics card installed into my PC gives me a "Windows Ran into an error" Blue screen message on Windows 10

Aug 24, 2019
Hi, I am new to this post.
I recently purchased a Gigabyte Radeon RX570 4GB graphics card to install into my PC, but I am having a bit of trouble with it.
Before buying the GPU I have used the intergrated Vega 8 graphics of the Ryzen 3 2200g processor.
So after installing the GPU, the PC would boot up past the BIOS screen, but then a blue screen would come with the message "Windows has run into an error", wouldn't boot up into Windows 10, and then just restart until it asked me to attempt an automatic repair or restore Windows.
I have since taken out the card and everything works fine.
What should I do?
I have checked if it's placed in correctly, that the external power cables are plugged in firmly, and the monitor is plugged into the GPU, but still nothing..
I have read alot of threads explaining that it might be something with the intergrated graphics that might be conflicting, but I am at odds end..
Please, if anyone can help, it would be VERY much appreciated!!!

Motherboard - MSI A320M PRO-VD PLUS
Ram - Single stick 8GB 2666mhz Gaming
CPU - Ryzen 3 2200g processor Vega 8 Graphics
PSU - 500W Antec
OS - Windows 10 64 bit

Solution
download and install DDU Display Driver Uninstaller.
run it in regular windows and uninstall all display drivers. reboot into safe mode and run the program again. shut down when it finishes and install the new GPU. boot into windows and install the new driver for the newer card.

I think the drivers for the vega were trying to run on the rx and the crash was the result.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
run it in regular windows and uninstall all display drivers. reboot into safe mode and run the program again. shut down when it finishes and install the new GPU. boot into windows and install the new driver for the newer card.

I think the drivers for the vega were trying to run on the rx and the crash was the result.

Reactions: TriStanSmythe
Solution
Aug 24, 2019

Thank you so much for the guidance and the reply!! I will try this and report back.
(Just another quick question if I may) How do I manually reboot my system into safe mode? (I apologise for the basic nature of my question, I am quite new to the PC building world)

Aug 24, 2019
Before I try this, should I have to do anything about the intergrated graphics settings in the BIOS? Currently there is About 2 048 MB of memory allocated to it. Should I revert that to default or does that really not matter whatsoever?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Before I try this, should I have to do anything about the intergrated graphics settings in the BIOS? Currently there is About 2 048 MB of memory allocated to it. Should I revert that to default or does that really not matter whatsoever?
should not matter. that is how much of the system RAM to dedicate to the GPU on the CPU. unlike a discrete card the iGPU must use the system memory and the system cordons off this memory for that purpose.

Aug 24, 2019
should not matter. that is how much of the system RAM to dedicate to the GPU on the CPU. unlike a discrete card the iGPU must use the system memory and the system cordons off this memory for that purpose.
Your suggestion worked!!
After wiping off all of the AMD integrated graphics drivers with the DDU uninstaller utility within safe mode, I installed the GPU once again and it booted up into windows.
All the drivers of the GPU installed nicely and most importantly, works.

I cannot extend enough of my thanks and gratatude!

Thank you so much for helping!