[SOLVED] Going to buy used GPU, need some advice please.

PatrikVujicic

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Hello there, I hope everyone is staying safe.

So in few days, I'm going to buy used 1080 Ti Strix OC, which was used in SLI system with exactly the same card. I'm going to replace it with my 980 ti, which is causing my PC to crash and its overheating so so much instantly...

Its gonna be first time that I will go and buy a used card, I will go to the place where this guy lives and I will be able to test the card if its working properly.
What programs should I ask him to install, so that I can test the card? What else do I look for? How to see if the card Is original? Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Strix 2070 is 700€. 2060 Is around the same as this 1080 ti. But difference in preformance is not worth it for me. The guy sent me a photo of warranty list and his 1080 ti is in warranty for 3 more months. I kinda believe him that his GPU is good and working but still I'm worried.

Test it out thats the best you can do and if it works then suggest buy it if your happy with it!. But make sure that GPU is not been used fo mining and such!

PatrikVujicic

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
I do not think you need to use programs only playing games and see what tempitures the 1080ti gose upto and check for any damage to the GPU.I use Speccy to see my temps of the gpu. Quick question whats the price of this use GPU?
Thank you, very much for your quick anwser!
He listed it for 450€, I will still try to negotiate a bit. But it seems like a very good price since in Slovenia where I live, GPUs are pretty exspensive. 1080 tis are not being sold anymore, but a new 2080 strix OC is sold for 900€.

Thank you, very much for your quick anwser!
He listed it for 450€, I will still try to negotiate a bit. But it seems like a very good price since in Slovenia where I live, GPUs are pretty exspensive. 1080 tis are not being sold anymore, but a new 2080 strix OC is sold for 900€.
Yeah it may be worth buying but have you thought about getting the new rtx cards 2060-2070 kinda in price range that way!. Because if this card dose not have warranty and lets say couple months into playing it and it breaks it will cost more to repair?

PatrikVujicic

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Strix 2070 is 700€. 2060 Is around the same as this 1080 ti. But difference in preformance is not worth it for me. The guy sent me a photo of warranty list and his 1080 ti is in warranty for 3 more months. I kinda believe him that his GPU is good and working but still I'm worried.

Test it out thats the best you can do and if it works then suggest buy it if your happy with it!. But make sure that GPU is not been used fo mining and such!

Reactions: PatrikVujicic
Solution