GOOD INFO ON BOTH AMD AND INTEL.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shabodah

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
Ok, seriously don't be a pain in the ass. This is not just a forums thing but a BASIC common sense internet rule. Using CAPS is the equivalent of YELLING and if you don't have something to EMPHASIZE, don't bother typing that way. If I called you on the phone and SCREAMED out the whole conversation, you wouldn't like it any more than we like this. Thank You.

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
More people pout. The more I post in caps Lock. It just shows how childish people can act. It would be like someone going Amd faster then Intel or Intel faster then Amd. Both sides acts like children.

Let me view history in USA with Slaves. Then Black and white sinks and bathrooms, Blacks had to give the seats in trains and bus to white people which was a disgrase then and a disgrase of today I am a white person who agree FREEDOM OF RIGHT AND SPEECH WILL STAND. WE ARE ALL EQUAL.

The children like Action man and the rest who think caps is so bad grow up and act like a adult. IF YOU DONT LIKE ME YOU DONT HAVE TO READ MY POST.

Caboose-1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
More people pout. The more I post in caps Lock. It just shows how childish people can act. It would be like someone going Amd faster then Intel or Intel faster then Amd. Both sides acts like children.

Let me view history in USA with Slaves. Then Black and white sinks and bathrooms, Blacks had to give the seats in trains and bus to white people which was a disgrase then and a disgrase of today I am a white person who agree FREEDOM OF RIGHT AND SPEECH WILL STAND. WE ARE ALL EQUAL.

The children like Action man and the rest who think caps is so bad grow up and act like a adult. IF YOU DONT LIKE ME YOU DONT HAVE TO READ MY POST.
Fine. You go right ahead and post in all caps from here on out, and we'll see how many on topic replies you get.

rettihSlluB

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005

Feel free to post in caps if that is what you (and many others) want. Just don't make these f*ckers annoy you and change your way of thinking. :wink:

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006

9-inch, SexBomb or whoever you are....
member of the HORDE with just another new account....
with posts number of 15, teaching everybody how childish we are and how grownup you are....
posting pointless, uneducative, meaningless and stupid thread in CAPS, while many disscutants(unlike you-HORDE, educated and well informed) are saying that we don't like topics in CAPS, especialy when garbage like your thread is posted.
Every noob(I mean new member, not noob in IT knowledge like you-HORDE) will appritiate opinions and willing of the "old" members, trying to learn, not to teach. Anyway in the garbage you've posted there is no CPU(hardware/cpu subforum) contents to disscuss about. Even if there was, you have nothing to say, you have no own opinion, just the brainwashed point of view through the green prism of the HORDE: "AMD are the best".
Ok, we understood your message: "I will do whatever I want and you have nothing to do about it." or how you represent "The freedom of speech". So, to whom are you going to prove that you are not ignorant uneducated jacka*s wit intelectualy-limited abilities?!? To the HORDE...or to your self?
Why don't you dissapear forever from the forumz. Open blog and write whatever you want. There are people who really want to learn something right and usefull. And are not interested about your own world of imaginations and wishes...Is this hard to understand?(no matter of your age)
ffs, where are the mods and admins...

Yet again, its not an issue of freedom of speech since either way hes saying it. Its how he says it not what hes saying.

FFS you're the only one pouting here.

Action Man is correct. It's an issue of what is commonly referred to as "netiquette".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Freedom of speech covers your butt when you are in public. This is not public. These boards are owned and operated by Tom's Hardware Guide. They could choose to banish you forever for using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Unfortunately there either is not a rule about using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS or if there is a rule it is not enforced by the moderators.

By the way, the same "freedom of speech" you quote would also give Action Man, myself, and others "freedom to bitch".

Bottom line:

POST IN ALL CAPS and expect to get flamed and keyboarded.
-or-
Post In Normal Title Case and expect your message to be taken much more seriously.

Your choice.

From the Wikipedia article:

- The most important rule of netiquette is, "Think before you post".
- Re-read and edit your posting carefully before you post. Check the spelling, grammar, and capitalization. Typing in all capital letters usually denotes screaming or yelling. Keep your lines to fewer than 70 characters. Do not post test messages except in their appropriate groups; wait until you have something to say. When posting humorous or sarcastic comments, it is conventional to append an emoticon, but do not overuse them.
- Before asking a question, read the messages already in the group and read the group's FAQ if it has one. When you do post a question, follow it with, "Please reply by mail and I will post a summary if requested," and make sure you do post a summary if requested; or, if only a few people were interested, send them a summary by mail. This avoids umpteen people posting the same answer to the group and umpteen others posting "me too"s

NOLARGECAPITALLETTERS.gif

Which is more readable and seems more polite:
Version 1:

Netiquette (neologism, a portmanteau formed from "Internet etiquette") is a catch-all term for the conventions of politeness recognized on Usenet, in mailing lists, and on other electronic forums such as internet message boards. These conventions address group phenomena (such as flaming) with changes in personal behaviour, such as not posting in all uppercase, not (cross-)posting to inappropriate groups, refraining from commercial advertising outside the biz groups and not top-posting. RFC 1855 is a fairly lengthy and comprehensive set of such conventions.

The rules of netiquette are slightly different for newsgroups, web forums and IRC (Internet Relay Chat). For example, on Usenet it is conventional to write in standard English and not use abbreviations such as "u" for "you" or "ne1" for "anyone". These abbreviations are only slightly more likely to be tolerated on web forums, but are almost universal on IRC where, since discussion is real-time, they serve the practical purpose of speeding the flow of conversation. Many IRC users look down on this form of conversation, though. Issues such as the level of tolerance for off-topic discussion or spoilers may also vary from one newsgroup, forum, or channel to another. The rule of thumb in any of these discussion mediums is to "lurk before you leap"—get a feel for the local conventions before diving into conversation and inadvertently embarrassing oneself. Also, read the FAQ if there is one.

The following is a list of some of the more common rules associated with netiquette on Usenet.

- The most important rule of netiquette is, "Think before you post". If what you intend to post will not make a positive contribution to the newsgroup and be of interest to several readers, do not post it! Personal messages to one or two individuals should not be posted to newsgroups—use private e-mail instead.

- This is sometimes stated in other forms, such as "Remember the human."

- When following up on an article, quote the minimum text necessary to give some context to your reply and be careful to attribute the quote to the correct person. If the article to which you are responding was cross-posted to several groups, edit the distribution ("Newsgroups:") header to contain only those groups which are appropriate to your reply, especially if the original message was posted to one or more inappropriate groups in the first place.

- Re-read and edit your posting carefully before you post. Check the spelling, grammar, and capitalization. Typing in all capital letters usually denotes screaming or yelling. Keep your lines to fewer than 70 characters. Do not post test messages except in their appropriate groups; wait until you have something to say. When posting humorous or sarcastic comments, it is conventional to append an emoticon, but do not overuse them.

- Before asking a question, read the messages already in the group and read the group's FAQ if it has one. When you do post a question, follow it with, "Please reply by mail and I will post a summary if requested," and make sure you do post a summary if requested; or, if only a few people were interested, send them a summary by mail. This avoids umpteen people posting the same answer to the group and umpteen others posting "me too"s.

- However, many newsgroups follow the rule "Post here, read here" (that is, they explicitly discourage posters from requesting offline answers to topical questions). This is because there may be lurkers who would benefit from seeing the discussion unfold online, and because questioners often do forget to post summaries of their findings.

- Be proud of your postings, but do not post just to see your name in pixels. Remember: your future employer may be reading.

or Version 2:

NETIQUETTE (NEOLOGISM, A PORTMANTEAU FORMED FROM "INTERNET ETIQUETTE") IS A CATCH-ALL TERM FOR THE CONVENTIONS OF POLITENESS RECOGNIZED ON USENET, IN MAILING LISTS, AND ON OTHER ELECTRONIC FORUMS SUCH AS INTERNET MESSAGE BOARDS. THESE CONVENTIONS ADDRESS GROUP PHENOMENA (SUCH AS FLAMING) WITH CHANGES IN PERSONAL BEHAVIOUR, SUCH AS NOT POSTING IN ALL UPPERCASE, NOT (CROSS-)POSTING TO INAPPROPRIATE GROUPS, REFRAINING FROM COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING OUTSIDE THE BIZ GROUPS AND NOT TOP-POSTING. RFC 1855 IS A FAIRLY LENGTHY AND COMPREHENSIVE SET OF SUCH CONVENTIONS.

THE RULES OF NETIQUETTE ARE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FOR NEWSGROUPS, WEB FORUMS AND IRC (INTERNET RELAY CHAT). FOR EXAMPLE, ON USENET IT IS CONVENTIONAL TO WRITE IN STANDARD ENGLISH AND NOT USE ABBREVIATIONS SUCH AS "U" FOR "YOU" OR "NE1" FOR "ANYONE". THESE ABBREVIATIONS ARE ONLY SLIGHTLY MORE LIKELY TO BE TOLERATED ON WEB FORUMS, BUT ARE ALMOST UNIVERSAL ON IRC WHERE, SINCE DISCUSSION IS REAL-TIME, THEY SERVE THE PRACTICAL PURPOSE OF SPEEDING THE FLOW OF CONVERSATION. MANY IRC USERS LOOK DOWN ON THIS FORM OF CONVERSATION, THOUGH. ISSUES SUCH AS THE LEVEL OF TOLERANCE FOR OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION OR SPOILERS MAY ALSO VARY FROM ONE NEWSGROUP, FORUM, OR CHANNEL TO ANOTHER. THE RULE OF THUMB IN ANY OF THESE DISCUSSION MEDIUMS IS TO "LURK BEFORE YOU LEAP"—GET A FEEL FOR THE LOCAL CONVENTIONS BEFORE DIVING INTO CONVERSATION AND INADVERTENTLY EMBARRASSING ONESELF. ALSO, READ THE FAQ IF THERE IS ONE.

THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE MORE COMMON RULES ASSOCIATED WITH NETIQUETTE ON USENET.

- THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF NETIQUETTE IS, "THINK BEFORE YOU POST". IF WHAT YOU INTEND TO POST WILL NOT MAKE A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION TO THE NEWSGROUP AND BE OF INTEREST TO SEVERAL READERS, DO NOT POST IT! PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ONE OR TWO INDIVIDUALS SHOULD NOT BE POSTED TO NEWSGROUPS—USE PRIVATE E-MAIL INSTEAD.

- THIS IS SOMETIMES STATED IN OTHER FORMS, SUCH AS "REMEMBER THE HUMAN."

- WHEN FOLLOWING UP ON AN ARTICLE, QUOTE THE MINIMUM TEXT NECESSARY TO GIVE SOME CONTEXT TO YOUR REPLY AND BE CAREFUL TO ATTRIBUTE THE QUOTE TO THE CORRECT PERSON. IF THE ARTICLE TO WHICH YOU ARE RESPONDING WAS CROSS-POSTED TO SEVERAL GROUPS, EDIT THE DISTRIBUTION ("NEWSGROUPS:") HEADER TO CONTAIN ONLY THOSE GROUPS WHICH ARE APPROPRIATE TO YOUR REPLY, ESPECIALLY IF THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS POSTED TO ONE OR MORE INAPPROPRIATE GROUPS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

- RE-READ AND EDIT YOUR POSTING CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU POST. CHECK THE SPELLING, GRAMMAR, AND CAPITALIZATION. TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS USUALLY DENOTES SCREAMING OR YELLING. KEEP YOUR LINES TO FEWER THAN 70 CHARACTERS. DO NOT POST TEST MESSAGES EXCEPT IN THEIR APPROPRIATE GROUPS; WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. WHEN POSTING HUMOROUS OR SARCASTIC COMMENTS, IT IS CONVENTIONAL TO APPEND AN EMOTICON, BUT DO NOT OVERUSE THEM.

- BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, READ THE MESSAGES ALREADY IN THE GROUP AND READ THE GROUP'S FAQ IF IT HAS ONE. WHEN YOU DO POST A QUESTION, FOLLOW IT WITH, "PLEASE REPLY BY MAIL AND I WILL POST A SUMMARY IF REQUESTED," AND MAKE SURE YOU DO POST A SUMMARY IF REQUESTED; OR, IF ONLY A FEW PEOPLE WERE INTERESTED, SEND THEM A SUMMARY BY MAIL. THIS AVOIDS UMPTEEN PEOPLE POSTING THE SAME ANSWER TO THE GROUP AND UMPTEEN OTHERS POSTING "ME TOO"S.

- HOWEVER, MANY NEWSGROUPS FOLLOW THE RULE "POST HERE, READ HERE" (THAT IS, THEY EXPLICITLY DISCOURAGE POSTERS FROM REQUESTING OFFLINE ANSWERS TO TOPICAL QUESTIONS). THIS IS BECAUSE THERE MAY BE LURKERS WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM SEEING THE DISCUSSION UNFOLD ONLINE, AND BECAUSE QUESTIONERS OFTEN DO FORGET TO POST SUMMARIES OF THEIR FINDINGS.

- BE PROUD OF YOUR POSTINGS, BUT DO NOT POST JUST TO SEE YOUR NAME IN PIXELS. REMEMBER: YOUR FUTURE EMPLOYER MAY BE READING.

Vampire_Lestat

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
I want you to look at one small thing. TG FORUMZ is in all caps. And sorry I m still not stoping. So crybabys Stop acting like babys. For right to do it the way I want.

Let me note this. There another tread who Had all caps. Yet it was about Intel chip and only one peron posted No caps. Sure sounds like Intel fanboys to me.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
I want you to look at one small thing. TG FORUMZ is in all caps.

Wow talk about reaching. The forum name is but the forum itself isn't.

And sorry I m still not stoping. So crybabys Stop acting like babys. For right to do it the way I want.

You sound more like MMM with every post.

Let me note this. There another tread who Had all caps. Yet it was about Intel chip and only one peron posted No caps.

The thread was too stupid. Someone also did post a not caps thing. I've also been asleep for the last eight hours, its not like we patrol the forum 24/7.

Sure sounds like Intel fanboys to me.

Hey lame mod mike.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Guys leave him alone he's new let him learn then if he still does this after a few hundred posts then go rip on him.

Actionman give him a keyboard and slinky then and only then

TechnologyCoordinator same with you give him that large capital letter sign then and only then also

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
I can't believe dvdpiddy's considered an "Ancient Poster" when he and I both signed up on the forums the same day. They might have to redo the scale if this keeps up.

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
It was a pointless point which was the point I was trying to make in regards to much of the posters points regarding this thread and it's point.

Get my point?