Question Google Chrome Consuming unnecessary CPU Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

waris007

Honorable
Dec 2, 2014
https://prnt.sc/1qml30v

Please check image

During startup, chrome start using CPU about 50% but after closing the task using task manager
It is fine after that.
This task runs separate not the main google chrome process.
both run as a different process.

Tried uninstallation of chrome but no chance with that. Tried reset of chrome.
I had the same issue with another system but it stopped happening after some time.
IDK how.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
I refuse to use Chrome. Edge is based on Chromium, and 100% better. Firefox only had privacy going for it and that fell apart a while back. Every other browser is a meme.

Reactions: waris007

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
So, quick question...what's Chromium based on?

I'll wait.

Chrome comes from Chromium. Edge comes from Chromium. The difference is in the execution and implementation. Remember that bug in Chrome where it won't launch until you copy the executable in rename it? Edge never had that problem. The recent fiasco where every single download says "Virus scan failed" and won't let you download anything in Chrome? Yeah, Edge never had that problem.

Stop acting intelligent, it's not working.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Chrome comes from Chromium. Edge comes from Chromium. The difference is in the execution and implementation. Remember that bug in Chrome where it won't launch until you copy the executable in rename it? Edge never had that problem. The recent fiasco where every single download says "Virus scan failed" and won't let you download anything in Chrome? Yeah, Edge never had that problem.

Stop acting intelligent, it's not working.

It would be amazing cool if your smirky smarty answer was correct. I suggest you do some reading pal.

Chrome was released in 2008. It's source code, Chromium, was release as an open source project AFTERWARD. Google (the people that make Chrome) released the source code.

So, check your facts before calling someone stupid.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Disagreement can be what a forum thrives on. Personal attacks in that disagreement however just leads to disaster. This is your warning. You will speak respectfully to others here. Drop the personal attacks or you will be watching this thread from the outside.

Good to know others are exempt from that rule, in this thread. No worries, I won't be returning to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.