Question Got an RX570 used in Mining

Sep 21, 2024
The card is a RX570 8GT OC https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/Radeon-RX-570-8GT-OC When I run GPU-Z it comes up as Asus 570, also in the task manager, the bios is this one https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/224117/224117 which I am not sure if that is correct for it, it seems to be operating correctly but I don't know enough about it to be sure, the board is an old Asus M4N68T-M AM3, and I don't have anything else to put it in to test it, any advice would be appreciated.
lSaJh4O.gif

I don't see anything wrong with that GPU-Z screenshot, Usually that wont tell ya if their is a problem, you'd have to throw the card under load, synthetic benchmarks like 3dmark, or launch a heavy demanding game and play it for a while and keep an eye on temps, if its unstable, it'll crash the driver or the PC, That's really the only way to tell.

Cards that was used in mining is normally alright, yeah their will be some wear, but nothing I'd be concerned about if temps are in check.

Reactions: St0inz
Sep 21, 2024
I don't see anything wrong with that GPU-Z screenshot, Usually that wont tell ya if their is a problem, you'd have to throw the card under load, synthetic benchmarks like 3dmark, or launch a heavy demanding game and play it for a while and keep an eye on temps, if its unstable, it'll crash the driver or the PC, That's really the only way to tell.

Cards that was used in mining is normally alright, yeah their will be some wear, but nothing I'd be concerned about if temps are in check.
The thing that is odd is that in task manager and GPU-Z it says Asus instead of MSI, sorry, I didn't clarify that was my main concern.

Last edited:
The thing that is odd is that in task manager and GPU-Z is says Asus instead of MSI, sorry, I didn't clarify that was my main concern.
Oh I wouldn't worry about it honestly, the guy who used it for mining probably installed the Asus bios on it because it has higher clocks or was better at mining, its kind of common they do that, if the card is fully stable, your good. I've done this before on older AMD cards just to bump the base clocks up or to extend the max memory clock limit like on my old 5700xt.

Sep 21, 2024
Oh I wouldn't worry about it honestly, the guy who used it for mining probably installed the Asus bios on it because it has higher clocks or was better at mining, its kind of common they do that, if the card is fully stable, your good. I've done this before on older AMD cards just to bump the base clocks up or to extend the max memory clock limit like on my old 5700xt.
Am I mistaken or are the memory speeds on the MSI site https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/Radeon-RX-570-8GT-OC/Specification saying 7000MHz while GPU-Z says 1750MHz?

Sep 21, 2024
Nope, he wanted to buy from local market a card that was MSI and had ASUS bios in it.
And also an ex miner.
I recommended NOT to buy it.
But since you are not him, then is not that point anymore
As far as the card goes it passes all the tests and runs as expected if not slightly better, temps, speeds, cosmetics all good but it really is a situation where you can get something far less than ideal. I would put the original bios in it if I could but I can't seem to figure out which one was originally on it.

Last edited:

Imperat0r

Upstanding
Apr 19, 2024
As long as you save the current bios in a safe place, you can play with flashing the card as long as you like.
In order to find the right ID and sub ID you must enter in GPU-z and post a picture with main screen.
The second picture must be make in the following menu :
from top menu you will choose Advanced tab. In the dropdown menu you must go to General and from there you must choose advanced timings.
Make a picture and post it here also.
The last picture would be from your card's stickers.

I will try to find the right bios for your card.
PS : to save the current bios , just press the arrow button in GPU-z main screen and choose a folder where you will have it for further operations.

Sep 21, 2024
As long as you save the current bios in a safe place, you can play with flashing the card as long as you like.
In order to find the right ID and sub ID you must enter in GPU-z and post a picture with main screen.
The second picture must be make in the following menu :
from top menu you will choose Advanced tab. In the dropdown menu you must go to General and from there you must choose advanced timings.
Make a picture and post it here also.
The last picture would be from your card's stickers.

I will try to find the right bios for your card.
PS : to save the current bios , just press the arrow button in GPU-z main screen and choose a folder where you will have it for further operations.

Imperat0r

Upstanding
Apr 19, 2024
After i checked the TPU database, it seems that you have the right BIOS in it.
In the picture you provided appears to be identified as MSI as it should.
On the other hand, it is identified with the right ID and subID.
The memory chips are Micron HFB.
Would you be so kind and upload the BIOS file and put it here.
I want to open it to check.
If the bios was not tampered, then you can safely assume that the card will function properly.

Sep 21, 2024
After i checked the TPU database, it seems that you have the right BIOS in it.
In the picture you provided appears to be identified as MSI as it should.
On the other hand, it is identified with the right ID and subID.
The memory chips are Micron HFB.
Would you be so kind and upload the BIOS file and put it here.
I want to open it to check.
If the bios was not tampered, then you can safely assume that the card will function properly.
I have the file, how would I upload it here?

Imperat0r

Upstanding
Apr 19, 2024
It is right what you did.
If it was my card i would have done the same.
Even if it was a miner it could provide many years of service from now.
Just repaste it when you see abnormal temps.
Assure a good aiflow in your computer and everything will be ok

Latest posts