GPO Problem with Power Setting

Jim

I'm running Windows 2003 Server on a mixed Windows 2000 / XP network.
I want to be able to set the "power options" setting to "NEVER" turn off for
all
of the settings. I want this to propagate to all of the computers in my
network.

I have locked down the users and only allow them to see a few icons. The
power options icon appears and the users can make a change, however, they
are denied access when they try to save the change. What can I do to allow
them full control over the powercfg.cpl

Please help!!!

Jim

Hi,

Jim schrieb:
> I'm running Windows 2003 Server on a mixed Windows 2000 / XP network.
> I want to be able to set the "power options" setting to "NEVER" turn off for
> all of the settings. I want this to propagate to all of the computers in my
> network.

Try ENERGY STAR's free EZ GPO tool

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_pm_ez_gpo
http://www.terranovum.com/projects/energystar/ez_gpo.html

HTH
Mark
--
Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de

Jim

Mark,

I will research the link that you provided and see where it takes me. I
obviously have locked something down that is too tight. I have left very
little "user wiggle room" and thought I had everything set... But this
surprised me when the users could see the icon, open it, make changes and
then get "denied access" when they tried to save the change.

Thanks for the reply,

Jim

"Mark Heitbrink [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jim schrieb:
> > I'm running Windows 2003 Server on a mixed Windows 2000 / XP network.
> > I want to be able to set the "power options" setting to "NEVER" turn off for
> > all of the settings. I want this to propagate to all of the computers in my
> > network.
>
> Try ENERGY STAR's free EZ GPO tool
>
> http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=power_mgt.pr_pm_ez_gpo
> http://www.terranovum.com/projects/energystar/ez_gpo.html
>

> HTH
> Mark
> --
> Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server
> Homepage: www.gruppenrichtlinien.de
> W2K FAQ : http://w2k-faq.ebend.de
> PM: Vorname@Homepage, Versende-Adresse wird nicht abgerufen.

Jim

Mark,

I took a look at the links that you sent me and that explained it. Thank
you very much.

Jim

Jim schrieb:
> Thank you very much.