[SOLVED] GPU 3070 - Only pulling ~80 watts

Feb 19, 2021
So I've built a mining rig - currently runs 5 RTX 3070s. I've OC'd to 67% power limit, 0 core clock, 1337 mem clock and fan speed auto.

The gpus are only using ~72-80 watts each. I believe this is effecting my hash speed. Why is power usage so low per gpu?

To expand - 1 gpu gets ~ 55 mh/s while all 5 plugged in brings each down to 15.29 mh/s

Last edited:
Solution
Solved - issue was with LOL miner limiting output per instance; adjusted OC settings and utilzing phoenixminer which has better / easier regulation. Can also be solved on LOLminer by assigning gpu and multiple instances.
Do each value one at a time (power limit, core clock, voltage, mem clock). Benchmark, change, test again. Until you reach your optimized values. Each card will be different.

Also change the fan curve. Your fans should always be on max at temps above idle. Otherwise they'll run low with your GPU being cool. While your video memory gets hots.

Feb 19, 2021
Do each value one at a time (power limit, core clock, voltage, mem clock). Benchmark, change, test again. Until you reach your optimized values. Each card will be different.

Also change the fan curve. Your fans should always be on max at temps above idle. Otherwise they'll run low with your GPU being cool. While your video memory gets hots.

I think the voltage may be the issue; it is set at 0. Trying to change via msi afterburner but this is locked even after unlocking in settings.

I think the voltage may be the issue; it is set at 0. Trying to change via msi afterburner but this is locked even after unlocking in settings.

It's been a while. But I never really messed with voltage. I mostly messed with RAM speed, core clock and power limit. The power limit can kill performance as @ivan_i07 suggested. You need to find the sweet spot between just enough and the cliff.

Feb 19, 2021
Solved - issue was with LOL miner limiting output per instance; adjusted OC settings and utilzing phoenixminer which has better / easier regulation. Can also be solved on LOLminer by assigning gpu and multiple instances.

Solution