Question GPU and CPU Only Used Under 20% During Gaming

Jul 6, 2019
Hey, ever since I purchased my GPU during X-Mas of 2019 it have been getting very low FPS in games and I thought this could be a CPU bottleneck or some other issue until I looked at the GPU and CPU usage. Both GPU and CPU usage are running at below 20% use in most video-games and Minecraft runs at below 144 FPS sometimes (1.15.2 Java)! Rust also really under-performed! Also, I tried an experiment with the video-game Krunker.io on 3 monitors on google and I reached my highest ever seen GPU usage... only 30% when trying to run it on 3 monitors! I am aiming for 99% usage and I'm really angry with my computer and my CPU is staying low tied to my GPU! Below I have a list of further specifications of my computer!

Specifications and Info:
GPU:
MSI RTX 2070 Super (Bought During Christmas of 2019)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x (Bought some time during 2019)
SSD: 500GB
HDD: 2TB
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (Link provided may not be the exact model it could be this)
RAM: 16GB 3200mhz Corsair RGB Ram
PSU: Corsair RM 650x
Bios Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1003, 10/29/2018

I have tried a few fixes but none of them have worked and I'd like some more guidance on the topic. I think that this is some sort of software or driver issue but I don't know how to overcome it and if you think that it could be something else please tell me!

I am awaiting responses from you kind people of these forums and If you have any questions about specifications or anything else I am happy and willing to answer!

Edit: Caps at 43%.

Last edited:
May 3, 2020
I’m gonna guess that it’s quite possibly a cpu bottleneck you may not be seeing high % of usage because it’s not utilizing all cores but if you use some sort of resource monitor to check each cores usage individually you’ll be seeing a much higher usage , your cpu model is 100% bottlenecking a 2070 super

May 3, 2020
Another thing I would suggest is double check that your ram is installed in the correct slots if you have four slots they should be installed in the 2nd and 4th slots

TRENDING THREADS