Sep 2, 2023
I’ve just purchased a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB EAGLE OC D6X power and swapped out my old 1050ti, however my 10 50ti used a single 6 pin port whilst my new card uses a 2x 8 pin port and my current gpu power cable is a 2 x 6/2 pigtail cable and I’m unsure how to correctly connect the cable without damaging the card upon power being plugged in, any advice is appreciated

I’ve just purchased a Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB EAGLE OC D6X power and swapped out my old 1050ti, however my 10 50ti used a single 6 pin port whilst my new card uses a 2x 8 pin port and my current gpu power cable is a 2 x 6/2 pigtail cable and I’m unsure how to correctly connect the cable without damaging the card upon power being plugged in, any advice is appreciated
You just plug the 6+2 cables into the 8 pin. They'll usually have a little tab to make sure everything is lined up. While the new video card doesn't really pull that much power if you have two separate cables available for GPU PCIe power I'd suggest doing that rather than using a daisy chained cable.

Sep 2, 2023
You just plug the 6+2 cables into the 8 pin. They'll usually have a little tab to make sure everything is lined up. While the new video card doesn't really pull that much power if you have two separate cables available for GPU PCIe power I'd suggest doing that rather than using a daisy chained cable.
Okay I only have the daisy chain unfortunately however do insert both ends of the daisy chain into both 8 pin inputs and if so which ends go into which port

Are you sure you do not have another cable like that with 6+2 on the ends. Both the power supplies previously linked have multiple of those cables.

Now if you want you can just use the daisy chain cable. Which plug you plug where into the GPU is purely a matter of which is easiest to get the cable to fit.

The size of the wires used in the daisy chained cable is rated to take the power from 2 plugs..at least from reputable vendors like asus it does. You are still better off using multiple cables, it divides the power load over even more copper wire. If you had to buy a cable then it is likely ok to use what you have but if you have the other cables around you might as well use them.