[SOLVED] GPU crashes to black screen while gaming, rest of PC remains on ?

Apr 12, 2021
Just built my PC, installation and set up seemed fine and the PC seems to be operating fine for normal things such as web surfing, email, ect. However when I switch to gaming (playing Total War: Warhammer 2) I can only get a few minutes into the game before the screen goes completely black and I lose all function. The PC itself remains on (fans going, RGB lighting stays on for the RAM and PSU, and the GPU fans themselves continue to operate.) The PC will not come out of this state without manually turning off the PC and then back on after which case it seems fine. So far it has only crashed while gaming. When looking at the performance diagnostics, it looks like GPU and VRAM utilization goes all the way up to 100% while gaming and after a few minutes in this state the monitor goes black and I lose control. I have gone through and used the AMD driver update tool as well as gone through and used the built in Radeon Software. My PSU is a Corsair CX-F RGB Series 750wat 80plus gold certified PSU. RAM is 16GB. Nothing I have tried has worked. Please let me know what I can do to resolve this issue or if I should be looking to Newegg for a replacement. Thanks.

GPU: Radeon™ RX 5500 XT OC 4G (2.0)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
6 Cores
Motherboard: B550 Phantom Gaming 4
Ram: 16GB
PSU: 750 watt Gold Certified PSU
BIOS Version:(In Windows) American Megatrends Inc. P1.8, 2/23/2021 (Radeon Software says: BIOS Version
017.002.000.000)
Chipset: 5.12.0.38
Radeon Software Version: 21.3.2

Please Help! I just want to game with my friends =(

Apr 12, 2021
Just tested it and the GPU temp was 71 degrees C and the junction temp was 83 degrees C upon crashing. In this particular instance I was playing on 1920x1080 on high but I have tried the setting on medium and low and it still crashed. I have not messed with the resolution much.

My monitor is
Acer Nitro Gaming Series VG240Y bmiix 24" (Actual size 23.8") Full HD 1920 x 1080 1ms 75 Hz D-Sub, 2x HDMI AMD FreeSync Built-in Speakers IPS Gaming Monitor.

In my windows settings, I am set to run at 1920x1080 but the refresh rate in the settings is set to 59.940 mhz.

Thank you for the response! I really appreciate your help.

Apr 12, 2021
UPDATE: I tested increasing the power consumption in Wattman to the max just to see if that would fix it. It did not....however when it crashed this time I noticed that on the motherboards BOOT light was solid red. Any recommendations for next steps? I am considering reinstalling the BIOS but was not sure as to the best method to do this would be or if this is the right call to start. Hope this helps. Please help...please...I just want to play Total War with my friend lol

Apr 12, 2021
I am trying downloading other games to test and see if the problem persists. When I downloaded Skyrim and opened it for the first time, a pop up occured saying "Unidentified Video Card. Your video hardware was not identified. Video settings have been set to Low quality " I am not sure if this helps in the diagnosis.

Apr 12, 2021
Skyrim seems to be running fine on high settings. Is my GPU not powerful enough for total war? Everwhere I am looking is saying that it is strong enough so I am wondering if there is something that is preventing the GPU from operating at maximum capacity or if the GPU is simply not strong enough.

Apr 12, 2021
The card is new. I reached out to newegg for a replacement and they said that they can only do a refund due to their supply. I am waiting to hear back from Gigabyte for additional information. They have a 3 year warranty but I have not heard back from their customer support yet. Should I just go for the refund and go through sourcing a different GPU or should I wait to hear back from Gigabyte? For a refund I only have 14 more days to get it started otherwise I lose that option too. It is sort of a rock and a hard place situation because the PC works for most things, just not the thing that I was most excited for. It sounds like you don't see a reason other than a faulty gpu that is causing these issues? In which case would you reccomend I just take my chance for the refund or is the warranty option via gigabyte a better option?