Question Gpu disconnects after less than an hour of usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2021
hello!
i've been facing a problem with my graphics card where after less than an hour of usage the gpu suddenly disconnects,
this problem has been plaguing me for months with no any solution, the gpu has worked for me flawlessly for more than a year, but for no reason it started to work for 30- minutes or less normally then disconnecting. the pc itself is on, but the monitor says no signal detected, and i hear an error message, but i can't see it
also from what i've seen the pc works longer when no games are running, when using only browsers or other programs the gpu seems to work for more than 5 hours!
but when launching even the lightest of games, such as gta san andreas or any other light games, it disconnects in less than 30 minutes

My pc is a dell vostro 3667 oem
Specs :
I3 6100 3M 3.7ghz
8GB RAM DDR4 2133MHZ
DELL MOTHERBOARD (the pc itself is an oem)
500GB HDD
INNO3D GTX 1050 TI TWIN X2 4GB
240W PSU
any help would be really appreciated, many thanks!
(also sorry for the wall of text)

Feb 11, 2021
test with a better psu?
as i already stated, the gpu has been working flawlessy for more than a year so if the problem was with the psu, it wouldn't lasted a month.
aside from that, i took the gpu to different stores who tested it on better rigs with beefier parts than my pc, it had the same results, the stores didn't know what the problem was aswell, some say its with the pc, some say its with the gpu, no clear answer, also before asking, no the gpu doesn't overheat, when it works, the temp is around 40-50°C/104-122°F

Last edited:
as i already stated, the gpu has been working flawlessy for more than a year so if the problem was with the psu, it wouldn't lasted a month.
aside from that, i took the gpu to different stores who tested it on better rigs with beefier parts than my pc, it had the same results

So you have your answer. It was the GPU.

Just want to let you know that a PSU degrade after time so it could have been the PSU.

Feb 11, 2021
So you have your answer. It was the GPU.

Just want to let you know that a PSU degrade after time so it could have been the PSU.

may i ask, if the problem is with the gpu, why does the gpu start at all?
what do you think causes the problem, the gpu itself doesn't overheat
neither the cpu, and aside from that, if the problem is with the psu, why is the pc still running and the gpu still working?

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
may i ask, if the problem is with the gpu, why does the gpu start at all?
what do you think causes the problem, the gpu itself doesn't overheat
neither the cpu, and aside from that, if the problem is with the psu, why is the pc still running and the gpu still working?

The problem is that you think "works/doesn't work" is simply a binary thing. It's not. Loads vary and parts age and something broken does not necessarily mean it doesn't work in all conditions.

Reactions: Nemesia

rgd1101

Don't
aside from that, i took the gpu to different stores who tested it on better rigs with beefier parts than my pc, it had the same results, the stores didn't know what the problem was aswell, some say its with the pc, some say its with the gpu, no clear answer, also before asking, no the gpu doesn't overheat, when it works, the temp is around 40-50°C/104-122°F
unlike you. pc do break.

and I said PSU. power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS