Apr 20, 2020
So, a friend of mine is having some problems with his gpu these days and i hope someone who already expirienced these kind of errors can find a solution
The gpu is a xfx rx480 8gb and recently when playing he get a black screen with no video signal, the audio stays on a loop of what he last heard and he's forced to reboot the machine.
He tried updating his driers and even downgrading to older drivers than he had before upgrading and still no solution, he sent me this log if it's not what you need just tell me where to find the right log and hopefully we'll find a solution, thank to everyone who's going to help.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285 Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e59a285 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000004082d7 Faulting process ID: 0x2b2c Faulting application start time: 0x01d6171b98ba214f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe Report ID: c937433a-7459-41d2-a94c-95647e832b3d Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

Last edited:
You said something about "old drivers he had before upgrading", is this card a new one he got or did he update the drivers and issue happened right after the drivers? If it happened after a driver update, try uninstalling the drivers and running the DDU utility to wipe the drivers, install new ones and see if that fixes the issue. Need full system specs and details about the system and when the issue started.

Apr 20, 2020
No, my bad i didn't specified that, so. he had this problem before even touching anything, so he tried updating the drivers and the problem was still there so he tried downgrading to a previous version than the one he started with and nothing changed

No, my bad i didn't specified that, so. he had this problem before even touching anything, so he tried updating the drivers and the problem was still there so he tried downgrading to a previous version than the one he started with and nothing changed

Still need full system specs and details about the issue. Before touching anything, so is this a new system he got? Or one that worked now stopped working? New card he got, if it's a new card for him was it bought used or new, was it tested? Is/was anything overclocked? Card tested in another system or another card tested in that system? Could be a bad card, bad power supply. Need details to start with figuring out where the issue may be.