Question GPU driver issues

May 18, 2020
Gday All,

Hoping some of you might be able to help me with a suspected driver issue I've been having recently. A brief summary of whats been going on is as follows; Games crashing randomly when loading in, for example rust crashing every time it gets to loading terrain and COD warzone crashing before it can even display the menu screen etc, also in videos theres a strange artifcating of lines of white dots in the black borders of vertical videos and in 3D images like you find on facebook, the background of the 3D image will completely spaz out. I've uninstalled the NVIDIA driver with the GURU3D display driver uninstaller and when running games without any drivers they will work fine generally, and there is no artifcating in videos or 3D images. I had done this before (Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers) which fixed the problem... for about a week, now its back. and in the half dozen times ive tried reinstalling drivers again nothings working.

It's pretty much a brand new pre-built PC from MWAVE, which I will list the specs of below:

System:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
ASRock B450M
PNY XLR8 Geforce GTX 3070
Windows 10 Pro
Nvidia Driver - 465.89 (This same problem has been happening now over the previous 3 graphics driver updates)

Heres the link to the pc if thats gives any more info on specs too: https://www.mwave.com.au/product/gameon-gaming-pc-rtx-3070-edition-ac41941

I have to ask as it’s not common to see Windows Pro in a gaming pc and when you do it’s often a cracked version. Where did you copy of Windows come from? From your description it does sound like a drive or software issue. If your Windows is a legitimate copy then I would try a complete wipe and fresh install of Windows as it can be quicker than trying to hunt down a software problem.

May 18, 2020
I have to ask as it’s not common to see Windows Pro in a gaming pc and when you do it’s often a cracked version. Where did you copy of Windows come from? From your description it does sound like a drive or software issue. If your Windows is a legitimate copy then I would try a complete wipe and fresh install of Windows as it can be quicker than trying to hunt down a software problem.
It was just the installation media straight form the windows website and put onto a USB, although admittedly I haven't activated it yet. Though hadn't had any problems for weeks prior since I bought the pc which is only about a month and a bit old. I've also tried to reset windows through the inbuilt recovery but haven't actually tried a whole new installation media.