Mar 25, 2023
Okay. So. About two weeks ago my pc shut off. I opened up the case and found somehow I had knocked over my vape mod, and e liquid spilled directly onto the GPU. I replaced the GPU (it was put into the secondary PCIe lane since it wasn’t fitting in the first one) with a AMD RYZEN 5500 XT. Installed new drivers using the iGPU. It worked for a few days and then my PC shut off again. Along with that, the display shut off, and my mouse/keyboard weren’t lighting up again. I took one of my 8gb RAM sticks out, reset the bios by removing the cmos battery and my display came back. Mouse and keyboard lit up. Everything was working fine. Few days later…. The PC shuts off again. I power it back on. It lets me log in. Boot up everything and it shuts off again. I keep trying to reboot it, it begins to stay powered on less and less until the display and the keyboard/mouse stop working again. I was convinced my last RAM stick must also need to be replaced. I had a friend give me two sticks of ram. I put them in the pc and nothing has changed. Although my GPU fans are also not spinning now. i have no idea what to do at this point. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mar 25, 2023
Yeah I’m replacing the MB this week. Gonna see if that makes a difference. I read alot of different places that said it could be the PSU but I feel like if it was the PSU then I wouldn’t have any power at all.
Do you guys think that my RAM is also ruined because of it? Or is it just not working bc the motherboard is probably screwed?

TRENDING THREADS