Jul 27, 2021
Recently i bought a Gigabyte HD 7850 and i installed it into my system, but when it booted up and it ran for some minutes the pc crashed, i booted up again and i noticed that the fans were not spinning, so i decided to order replacement fans, After i installed the new fans into the gpu i put it into my system and the fans were still not spinning, but this time the fans moved for a millisecond, not even a full spin they moved just a little bit. Looking for some help regarding this issue.

Solution
Could just be that the card turns off the fans under a specific temperature. Many cards today do that. Not sure about the HD 7000 cards, but maybe Gigabyte did something.
What happens if you manually set the fans to 100%? Do they stay spinning or keep turning off? If they still turn iff, it might not be the fans having issue.
Could just be that the card turns off the fans under a specific temperature. Many cards today do that. Not sure about the HD 7000 cards, but maybe Gigabyte did something.
What happens if you manually set the fans to 100%? Do they stay spinning or keep turning off? If they still turn iff, it might not be the fans having issue.

Reactions: Vassterak
Solution