NeedPeeling

Prominent
Jun 19, 2019
Hey everybody im here with a very interesting problem. My gpu fans go to 100% when im playing a game. I cannot control it with msi nor with drivers. It goes to 100 after a while, but it is 100% usually after 30 seconds. Its very inconsistent as i was able to play a game of apex for 20min without it revving to 100. It will also stop if you close the game and wait. And lastly, if you bump the fan speed up even by just a tiny margin it revs up to 100% immediatly. Before you jump to the conclusion that my temps must be the problem, no thats not it. They were high before, in the high 70s, but i replaced thermal paste after the issue occurred and it still persists, while my temps stay at 60 tops. I have ddu'd my drivers and reinstalled them, didnt work.

As a final notice, i have been getting black screens for about a year or so. They are very inconsistent and happen always within the first minutes of startup, and then only when just booting into windows or when launching the first game. No idea if its related but i have ruled out the psu in this issue, as a new psu didnt fix it. This is still happening with my pc alongside the fan problem. I dont use it now but i would have a black screen every 4 days or so.

When i ddu'd the drivers and reinstalled them, something strange happend. When the amd drivers were finished i only had to click on 'finish'. When i clicked i had a black screen and i restarted the pc. I thought it was done so it didnt matter. When i opend my drivers my pc would 'freeze' i would be able to move my mouse but i couldnt open any program, even the off button didnt work. I had to shut it down manually. Luckily i could still use my pc as long as i didnt open the drivers so i ddu'd again and the drivers then installed smoothly. This is were i'm at now. I am at wits end with this gpu. I works fine, no artifacts and delivers great performance, but i cant play with the 100% fans, it is creeping me out. Im afraid il explode it or something (joke). Thank you for coming this far in my ted talk, any suggestions are more than welcome!

Gpu rx 580 8gb asus rog strix
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte a320m-s2h
Rmx 550
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb 3000 mhz

Lutfij

Titan
If I were you I'd have gotten a PSU that was at least 650W for the entire system. If anything I think you should see if a higher wattage, reliably built PSU helps alleviate the issue.

You might want to also check and see which BIOS version you're currently on and if your OS is on the latest version. Also, you should've gone for a B350/B450 motherboard.

Reactions: NeedPeeling

NeedPeeling

Prominent
Jun 19, 2019
Thanks for answering! No i dont think the psu is the problem, as it is a very expensive and reliable psu (rm 550x. Gold rating fully modular and very high on the psu tierlist, i made sure of that when i bought it). My friend has exactly the same setup and his pc runs just fine with 550 wats. For the rx 580 550 wats is also recommended. My bios is outdated but im not sure how this could be related. Im also pretty scared to do a bios update. Its not that outdated though my pc works fine besides these problems.