Question GPU is recognized by computer but refuses to output image

Apr 18, 2020
Yesterday I had my RX 580 connected to my TV via HDMI (I use it as a monitor) and got a new DVI cable to connect it to a second older monitor I had just to have more space. After I connected it the GPU stopped showing image on both of the screens, and it hasn't shown anything since. A lot of things happened so I'll list what happens and what I've tried
The GPU has a blue led on it which it always had, so I assume it's recieving power.
When I turn the computer on the GPU fans start spinning for few seconds and suddenly stop.
DM, the radeon settings and programs like MSI Afterburner recognize the GPU in my computer, I can even make the fans faster in Afterburner (using the iGPU atm) but the image still won't show.
Here's what I've tried to do:
Re-set the GPU to rule out bad placement
Tried a load of different cables
Set the bios to use the PCI-E as the primary video source
Reset the CMOS
DDU the drivers and reinstalled them
Tested different monitors
Tried to boot the pc with one ram

The things I can't do rn is test the GPU on other computers or other GPUs in my computer to rule anything out, because of the quarantine stuff. I've already contacted XFX since I'm afraid the GPU's faulty and I'll RMA it but if I can fix it by myself it would be way better
I have r5 2400g, 16gb 2400mhz ram, corsair vs650W, a320m-k mobo
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

Apr 18, 2020
Hi,

Did you try to use another HDMI port? Display port? None of them work? Did you try to connect one monitor to the onboard graphics and (when booted) connect your TV where it belongs on the 580 and check if it is recognized in settings?
I've tried different cables, different HDMI and DVIs. I don't have a Display Port to check though
I'm able to see images when I'm connected to the onboard graphics, and I can see that the 580 is recognized in the device manager and the Radeon settings, MSI Afterburner as well. I've also tried to connect the 580 to the TV after it booted but no luck there as well, unfortunately.

Apr 18, 2020
I mentioned display settings but referred to your computers' display settings.
If that does not show up there, you might need another GPU.
Did you connect the 2nd display with the system off?
I'm not familiar with the display settings in my computer, where could I find it?
I connected the 580 after it was booted like you said, while I was using the onboard

When you ran DDU did you elect to completely remove all of the settings and run it with your internet connection off ? If you didnt do both the drivers may have retained a setting that has somehow disable the display output. Did you have to run any custom settings to get the TV or monitor working ?

Apr 18, 2020
When you ran DDU did you elect to completely remove all of the settings and run it with your internet connection off ? If you didnt do both the drivers may have retained a setting that has somehow disable the display output. Did you have to run any custom settings to get the TV or monitor working ?
I did elect to remove all settings but I ran on safe mode with internet bc I thought was necessary. I'll ddu it again then with the internet off. I haven't been able to get the TV working on the GPU, only on the onboard graphics, which I didn't run on any custom settings.

TRENDING THREADS