[SOLVED] GPU not recognized / PCIE16_1 link speed 0x

valtinhomn

Commendable
Jan 31, 2019
My HD has recently been changed because the old one broke. After I changed it, the display stopped working. After a few hours of troubleshooting and thinking my motherboard was broken, I discovered that if I connect my monitor to the integrated graphics it still works. The GPU fans are running, but it does not display video.

If I try to change the display to PCIe on the bios, it goes back to automatic. The Nvidia driver installer doesn't recognize the GPU as well. I tried cleaning the connectors with an eraser, but to no avail. What I find strange is that it says "PCIE16_1 0x" on the BIOS, instead of empty or not detected.

I do not have acess to other PCs or other GPUs to test which one is the problem, and my motherboard only has 1 PCI express slot, so I can't change it to test either. What should I do?

Specs:
Motherboard: Asus H110M-C/BR
CPU: Intel Core i5-7400
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Solution
Try re-seating the card and making sure the PCIe power cable is seated in firmly. If that doesn't work and it doesn't cost too much to do so (or you can take advantage of a return policy), get a PCIe card of some sort and see if the computer sees that.
Try re-seating the card and making sure the PCIe power cable is seated in firmly. If that doesn't work and it doesn't cost too much to do so (or you can take advantage of a return policy), get a PCIe card of some sort and see if the computer sees that.

Solution