Jul 15, 2024
RX 6700 XT 12GB

B550M AORUS Elite rev 1.3

Ryzen 7 5700g

2x 8GB Asgard DDR4 3600Mhz

PCYES 650W

NVME M.2 Xraydisk m.2

NVME Kingston

Recently i`ve been having this problem with my GPU, it seems it only works properly when i reset the BIOS/ clear the CMOS and it stops randomly when i turn off the PC. (last time i`ve used the PC for two days and was working just fine, than it just stopped working). When i use the integraded graphics from the Ryzen, it works every time !

When it happens, i turn on the PC, next the keyboard turns on and then nothing happens in the monitor (i can see that the PC is on, because i`ve turned it off using only the keyboard), the problem is the PC don`t give any monitor sign.

With or without the GPU, when the PC is on, it works just fine with no problem whatsoever.

Ive tried several things, such as buying a new battery for the mobo, as well cleaning the connectors, switch the RAM, tried to turn the PC with no NVME, installed all the BIOS versions i could fine, nothing fixed my issue.

*Besides, when i turn on the power, it takes a lot of time to turn on the keyboard (and then, the video), like 10-15 seconds. (that part started happened months ago, before the GPU issue)

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is that the PSU is at or nearing its' designed in EOL (End of LIfe) and starting to falter and fail.

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time(s) of the described problems.

Reliability History/Monitor is end user friendly and presents a timeline format that can reveal pattterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort to navigate and undertand.

FYI:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Both tools list errors and clicking any given error will provide more detailed information. The details may or may not be helpful.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors make the PSU even more suspect.

Two immediate recommendations:

1) Back up (as should alway be being done) all important data at least 2 x to locations away from the computer in question. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

2) Swap in another known working PSU of higher wattage. Be sure to use only the cables that come with that PSU.

Jul 15, 2024
My thought is that the PSU is at or nearing its' designed in EOL (End of LIfe) and starting to falter and fail.

Look in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time(s) of the described problems.

Reliability History/Monitor is end user friendly and presents a timeline format that can reveal pattterns.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort to navigate and undertand.

FYI:

How To - How to use Windows 10 Event Viewer | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Both tools list errors and clicking any given error will provide more detailed information. The details may or may not be helpful.

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors make the PSU even more suspect.

Two immediate recommendations:

1) Back up (as should alway be being done) all important data at least 2 x to locations away from the computer in question. Verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

2) Swap in another known working PSU of higher wattage. Be sure to use only the cables that come with that PSU.
Thanks, i will try. I noticed that the PC (even without the GPU) takes like 10-15 seconds to turn on, so it makes me suspect that the problem was in the motherboard. BTW the PSU is 1 year old and still have a warranty, so i`ll be relieved