GPU Overclocking assistance

Hambre87

Reputable
Sep 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

So, I can't seem to find a solution to my problem if it is a problem. I've searched online and haven't had any luck with an answer. Also, I apologize as I know this has been asked a lot, so if there is a thread out there with a solution please let me know.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7800 series GPU (I think 7850 but I honestly don't remember) that I would like to OC. I have the latest drivers from AMD installed, which is 15.7. I'm using Catalyst Control Center and MSI Afterburner. The problem I'm running into is that when I overclock past the default settings of 975 mhz, the max it will show is 975 mhz on both programs when I run a benchmark, in this case 3DMark. I've also used HWMonitor, and it shows the same results. Any help is greatly appreciated.

System specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel i4 4170 3.7 ghz
8gb ram
MSI Z97 PC Mate mobo

Hambre87

Reputable
Sep 27, 2015
Hey, thanks for the reply. Right, and I didn't do that. I tried CCC first, then Afterburner but not both at the same time. However, I'm not sure why, but my OC settings work when in a game but not when using a benchmark. Any reason why that would happen?