Build Advice Please help me build an office PC with 2 x GPUs so I can easily run 6 monitors on it ?

Fanat

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I need to look at 4-5 web pages simultaneously without switching between tabs constantly and 1 program screen will be to do typical office work, it doesn't have to be super strong because I'm not planning to play games on it but would love to have a nice quality picture across all six 24" screens. Under $1000 if possible

Lutfij

Titan
Please stylize your post with info asked of in this thread;
and the community will move forward with suggestions on said build.

You can get 4 displays off a discrete GPU while you could possibly run two more panels off an iGPU, just throwing an idea out there.

Fanat

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I need to look at 4-5 web pages simultaneously without switching between tabs constantly and 1 program screen will be to do typical office work, it doesn't have to be super strong because I'm not planning to play games on it but would love to have a nice quality picture across all six 24" screens. Under $1000 if possible

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP

Budget Range: 800-1200

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Surfing the internet, office work, will serve across all 6 monitors simultaneously

Are you buying a monitor: Yes 6

Parts to Upgrade: all new build

Do you need to buy OS:
Yes
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:
no preference but reputable

Parts Preferences: AMD cpu preferred

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Either works as long as it works good

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
Are 6 monitors included in the 800-1200 budget? Because...

As Lutfij said, a CPU with integrated graphics can drive a few screens depending on the motherboard and it's
I/O connectors. A GPU will offer several outputs.
Since you're not chasing gaming performance, the requirements are fairly modest. A PC within that budget would not be difficult to build, but 6 monitors themselves will cost almost the entire budget.

Fanat

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
Are 6 monitors included in the 800-1200 budget? Because...

As Lutfij said, a CPU with integrated graphics can drive a few screens depending on the motherboard and it's
I/O connectors. A GPU will offer several outputs.
Since you're not chasing gaming performance, the requirements are fairly modest. A PC within that budget would not be difficult to build, but 6 monitors themselves will cost almost the entire budget.
No, just a pc. Those 6 monitors will probably run 500-800 themselves

Fanat

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2016
I'm a complete noob and if I do a build I will probably screw up and some parts will bottleneck other parts ability. If someone can put together a build suggestion, I would really appreciate it

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
I'm a complete noob and if I do a build I will probably screw up and some parts will bottleneck other parts ability. If someone can put together a build suggestion, I would really appreciate it
Yeah, a build can be recommended. Best to provide as much detail as possible about what you want your PC to do and what you need it for. That way the recommendation will be right for the money.

As for assembly. You can read some guides. It's a little bit tricky and stressful but not all that hard.

-You have to pay attention to static electricity so you don't short some component. Discharge yourself frequently and/or wear a wrist strap.
-Don't grab components exposed circuitry. Try to hold the edges.
-Don't force things into sockets/slots with so much force that you bend or damage the motherboard.
-read the motherboard manual many times. lots of interesting and neccessary info is there.
-Read other manuals (PC case, CPU cooler) and follow instructions.
-don't stress too much and take breaks. Give yourself plenty of time for the build.

It's pretty damn simple but you'll have to do it yourself once to see why.

In a nutshell, you want to open and prepare the case, place the motherboard onto a clean, flat surface (i usually put it on the static wrap it came in, onto it's box and work there) and install the cooler backplate, CPU, RAM, NVMe SSDs, and CPU cooler onto the motherboard, then install it into the PC case.

After that, you install the GPU, PSU and hook up all the case wires, fan and PSU cables. It will probably be messy by now but that's alright.

I glossed over many details, but all of them will be mentioned in the manuals. So follow the steps. You'll be fine.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
For your consideration:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor ($170.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 GAMING X V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($65.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial MX500 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: AMD 100-506085 Radeon Pro W5700 8 GB Video Card ($229.00 @ B&H)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL II-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $908.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-12 18:10 EDT-0400

In addition, you can take a list like this to a local Micro Center (https://www.microcenter.com/) where you can buy the parts and they will assemble for you.

Pre-builts are also an option. Just pay close attention to the power supply requirements for a GPU capable of handling all of your intended displays.

Reactions: 35below0

35below0

Commendable
Jan 3, 2024
Intel, DDR5 build.
2 display outputs from the motherboard courtesy of the CPU integrated graphics, and 4 more from the RX 6600 GPU. Total of 3 DP and 3 HDMI ports.

Fairly affordable, not meant for gaming, though it can manage.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-12100 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($121.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 GAMING X AX ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial CT2K16G48C40U5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-4800 CL40 Memory ($87.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte EAGLE Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
*** alternate Video Card: ASRock Challenger D Arc A750 8 GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.90 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX-750 ATX 3.0 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home Retail - Download 64-bit ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $924.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-13 03:00 EDT-0400

Compared to the build offered by @COLGeek this one has a weaker and cheaper CPU, a more expensive motherboard running more expensive RAM, less storage and a different GPU.
The benefit is that it's more modern and both the CPU and RAM can be upgraded in the future (the motherboard has a nice feature that allows it to be flashed without a CPU as well)

Even though the motherboard has GAMING in it's name, i picked it because of it's dual display outputs.

Finally, i have a feeling 6 monitors is really pushing it. 4 would probably be enough but why not try 6? It will be an adventure.

What is the make/model of the planned monitors?
In particular, what inputs do they accept?

Have you considered using a single large 4k display?
The cost is likely to be less than 6 monitors.
The displayed pages can be sized any way you want and relocated at will.

Simple Integrated graphics can handle the output.

Reactions: 35below0