RuniDK

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
I was playing pubg and my pc crashed. When i booted it up again my screens didnt turn on. i then took the hdmi cable from my secondary screen and plugged it to the motherboard and it turned on. the LEDs on the gpu lights up but no signal is coming out.

do you think my gpu is fried and i should buy a new one or is there some sort of fix?

specs:

I5-4570
Asus B85M-G
Kingston Hyperx 16gb 1866mhz
Sapphire Nitro+ rx 470
Evga 500W

(planning on upgrading to RX VEGA 56 if the gpu is toast)

Have you tried to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default ? Not sure whether the GPU is indeed fried, but can you tets the GPU on some other PC ? What's the make/model number of your EVGA PSU ?

Also, on a side note, I would make sure to update the system's BIOS, if need be.....Are BOTH the monitors giving this problem, or just one ??

RuniDK

Prominent
Jun 5, 2019
Have you tried to clear and reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings to default ? Not sure whether the GPU is indeed fried, but can you tets the GPU on some other PC ? What's the make/model number of your EVGA PSU ?

Also, on a side note, I would make sure to update the system's BIOS, if need be.....Are BOTH the monitors giving this problem, or just one ??
setting bios to default didnt work. i think this is the model number : 100-W1-0500-KR. both monitors didnt work when connected to the gpu but if i used the monitor with hdmi cabel and hooked it to the motherboard it worked perfectly while the the 2th monitor (which is hooked to the gpu using displayport) stays black. it has been working for years and it just clicked and stop.