[SOLVED] GPU Spike and Computer Stuttering

Jan 2, 2020
Hello, I have an issue with my GPU usage spiking to 100% and my whole computer stuttering as a result. The cause of this seems to be when I open a program (for example, Chrome/Firefox/Discord/Task Manager/etc.) Once the program is opened, task manager reads the 3D usage to have spiked to 100%. If I am able to close the program that was just opened, the computer runs as normal. But this basically renders my PC as unusable when it's like this. It doesn't happen every time I try to open a program, but it occurs very often (almost at least once a day). Usually after I have my computer on for a few hours, this issue begins to occur, and will not stop until restarted. Sometimes it even happens when I don't open a program (ex. if I join a Discord call). I only just built this PC about 3 months ago but this issue has been happening for some time, now it's just an issue that's getting out of hand. It's difficult to explain this issue as I am not 100% of the cause of it but this is as far as I understand what causes it.

My computer specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI GeForce RTX 2070
ASRock B450 Pro4
2 Sticks 4GB DDR4 RAM
600W Power Supply

Any help is greatly appreciated as this problem had stumped me and have no idea how to tackle solving it.
If I forgot any information that can be helpful in solving this issue please let me know and I'll reply ASAP

Jan 2, 2020
malware scan your system?
what speed is the ram?
make and model of this 600w psu?
I use Malwarebytes premium, I make sure to scan my computer daily and I have never gotten any results of malware on my computer.

I'm fairly new to PC parts so I'm not too sure what you mean by the speed of the ram, but this is what the two sticks of RAM are: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GVKB

The model of PSU is: EVGA 600 BQ 110-BQ-0600-K1 BQ 80 Plus Bronze Semi Modular 600W Power Supply

Jan 2, 2020
You check in Task Manager what is using the most % of your GPU.
Might be just a random background app.
I'll try to keep an eye out next time it occurs but its difficult to even get the task manager opened once it starts as each stutter takes 10+ seconds to finally let me able to move my mouse, I'll keep task manager opened in the taskbar so once it does occur I can (hopefully) check and see what's causing it

Jan 2, 2020
You check in Task Manager what is using the most % of your GPU.
Might be just a random background app.
It just occurred and I was able to check task manager, the program which caused the GPU to spike was Desktop Windows Manager, I looked up if anyone else had this issue and it turns out if I set the priority from high in task manager to normal, the issue will stop. Hopefully this works, if not I'll come back here with an update