Question Gpu through motherboard output?

Jun 21, 2019
I have an rx570 but my monitor only supports vga. Is there any way i can use the vga output on my motherboard but still get the rx570's performance?

I have an rx570 but my monitor only supports vga. Is there any way i can use the vga output on my motherboard but still get the rx570's performance?

HDMI is backwards compatible with DVI and DVI contains VGA signals via DVI-A. (If pins are used) Therefore an adapter should work.

Be aware a VGA cable is extremely antiquated Analog technology by this point. There's issues with sharpness above 1280x720 60Hz compared to their digital counterparts.

The only reason business class laptops have VGA any more is because of projectors in business buildings which might be 10 years old or more.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/1-8M-HDM...MI85LxyP764gIVx1cNCh0XNAOLEAQYAiABEgK-mPD_BwE

Wolfshadw

Titan
HDMI is backwards compatible with DVI and DVI contains VGA signals via DVI-A. (If pins are used) Therefore an adapter should work.

No typical graphics card ever carried just a DVI-A port. DVI-I carries both analog and digital signals (this is what is required for a passive converter). DVI-D (and HDMI and DisplayPort btw) is digital only and you need an active converter to change the signal from digital to analog.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Metal Messiah.