[SOLVED] Grand Theft Auto 5 ERR_NO_LAUNCHER

Aug 21, 2019
I've started playing GTA V recently, however, the game keeps giving me the message;"Please run Grand Theft Auto V using PlayGTAV.exe" I own the game on Steam, and every time i tried to search the internet for an answer it was all filled with people who pirated the game. I've tried reinstalling the game, as well as validating files. Any ideas?

Solution
That's because you can't run the game directly from the GTAV.exe file. Use either PlayGTAV.exe or GTAVLauncher.exe. Another side solution would be, Go to Documents --> Rockstar games --> GTA 5 ---> Settings and delete that file.

Disable any anti-virus/firewall for the time being. Can't you launch the Game directly from the STEAM client ? Try re-installing the full game, and also verify the integrity of the cache files.

gi0S37m.png
That's because you can't run the game directly from the GTAV.exe file. Use either PlayGTAV.exe or GTAVLauncher.exe. Another side solution would be, Go to Documents --> Rockstar games --> GTA 5 ---> Settings and delete that file.

Disable any anti-virus/firewall for the time being. Can't you launch the Game directly from the STEAM client ? Try re-installing the full game, and also verify the integrity of the cache files.

gi0S37m.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RytyGDK
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I've started playing GTA V recently, however, the game keeps giving me the message;"Please run Grand Theft Auto V using PlayGTAV.exe" I own the game on Steam, and every time i tried to search the internet for an answer it was all filled with people who pirated the game. I've tried reinstalling the game, as well as validating files. Any ideas?
Where did you get this game from?

Aug 21, 2019
I purchased the game on Steam. I own it. I've tried launching it from the Steam client, from the GTAVLauncher, still said the same thing :(. I don't seem to have "PlayGTAV.exe" in my files, however I read somewhere that that file isn't there for the steam version. I've already re-installed, as well as validated, and nothing has changed. Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

USAFRet

Titan
OK, just checking.

From Steam:

Aug 24, 2019
if you have RTSS or msi aterburner active, close the programs and see if it fixis the problem

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

TRENDING THREADS