Graphics card fan stops then starts, then stops, then starts.

arkarain

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I just opened my brand new desktop sent to me by cyberpower and have ran into a problem before even starting it up:

When I start it up, I get no signal input on my monitor, then my graphics card fan starts to make a strange noise, speeding up and then going quiet then speeding up again (makes a sound like vrrrrr(queit) vrrr(quiet)) over and over again with the same time gap between. I cant even go to the BIOS screen and the light on my case tells me that it has no booted.

I have tried:
-Turning it off and on again(obviously)
-Removing each of the 4GB ram sticks and testing them independently of each other, also checking that they have slotted in correctly,
-Removing the Graphics Card and then putting it back in again.
-Removing the Power Supply and putting it back in.
-Removing the battery for 10 minutes then starting it up again.
-Booting without the Graphics Card connected (in which case the noise no longer persists).
-Holding down the turbo button on the PC case, which results in the fan running normally, if not louder.

I'm at a loss of what else to try, I expected to plug it in and everything would work fine as it is pre-built. Any help would be appreciated, no matter how obvious.

Specs:
AMD FX 4170 4.2 Ghz Quad Core
CoolerMaster Hyper 412S CPU Cooler
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA III 64Mb 6Gb/s
ASUS M5A78L-M USB 3 DDR3 760 AM3+SATA II
2x Kingston DDR3 4Gb PC12800 1600Mhz HyberX Blu
VTX3D Radeon HD 7850 2Gb

arkarain

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

I'd like to, but their offices are most likely closed over the Christmas period and ideally I would like to get it working before then.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
You really should not be doing anything at this point. It's under warranty and too much "investigating" will let them state you caused the problem and therefore your warranty is void.

All you can do at this point is make sure all the cabling is seated fully and the cards are seated in the motherboard as shipping may have caused something to come loose. Keep in mind that if you broke any "security / warranty / tamper" seals then say goodbye to the warranty.

hytecgowthaman

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012

He is write.
u r invest more so dont do anything contact custamercare.
if its a assembled system u can do anything and get warenty too but its a branded item.

arkarain

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
As far as I can see, the only warranty tag is on one of the wires on the coolermaster fan, I was thinking of replacing the power supply with a coolermaster GX 550W which I have in my old PC as this has no warranty tags but I may just have to wait for customer service. A shame, because it will probably be weeks before it is all sorted out if parts need to be replaced.